Professional Web Applications Themes

Transfering photos to my web site - Adobe Photoshop Elements

How do you transfer photos to a web site created a web galery folder.how do you transfer them on to my web page. am totaly green on this matter....

  1. #1

    Default Transfering photos to my web site

    How do you transfer photos to a web site created a web galery folder.how do you transfer them on to my web page. am totaly green on this matter.
    roger rivest Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Transfering photos to my web site

    Roger,

    You have to be able to communicate with your website. I am using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) client to accomplish this, an older version of WS_FTP. If you don't have something like this, there seem to be some free downloads available. I didn't get into it too far, but start by checking here <http://www.ftpplanet.com/download.htm>. Once you have the client, I'm sure you can find your way through the instructions and help files.
    Hope this helps.

    Juergen

    Edit: If your website is with your ISP, they might have the client for you, too.
    JuergenDirrigl Guest

  3. #3

    "Once you have the client, I'm sure you can find your way through the instructions and help files. "

    Sure. Right. Actually I've been fiddling with the same kind of project since yesterday, using Fetch for Mac. I keep missing one critical step, and my kid is gonna quit speaking to me if I don't get this right pretty soon! :) Good luck, Roger!
    Beth Haney Guest

  4. #4

    Beth,

    Sorry. I have to admit I went through quite some trial and error first myself.
    And I'm not particularly good at reading manuals and instructions. Only if everything else fails....
    :-)

    Juergen
    JuergenDirrigl Guest

  5. #5

    The manuals and instructions don't seem to be doing me much good. I burrowed down in the administrative area of the site and see where my upload "uploaded", but I can't find it! Grrr. And all of this after I found I had no DSL service this morning after the ISP did an upgrade sometime in the middle of the night. I should have known better than to try working on a website after spending a half hour getting the internet connection operating again! But some people just never learn. Oh, my.
    Beth Haney Guest

  6. #6

    Beth,

    Tomorrow will be a better day! :-)

    Juergen
    JuergenDirrigl Guest

  7. #7

    Hmmm. I think I said that to myself yesterday when I couldn't get it uploaded. But thanks for your reassurance. :)
    Beth Haney Guest

  8. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Dick Smith Guest
    Moderated Post

  9. #9

    I did it!!! I knew I was only missing one teensy piece. After I had the folder in Fetch, I needed to drag it into an html folder that was sitting there. (I kinda wondered what that thing was for!) There was probably another way to do it, but at least I finally got a test batch posted, and Jodi could see the racoon from 3,000 miles away!
    Beth Haney Guest

  10. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Dick Smith Guest
    Moderated Post

  11. #11

    Oops, forgot to mention Transmit, another popular shareware ftp client.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  12. #12

    You know, Barbara, when I was downloading Fetch yesterday, I noticed they were still offering a previous version and wondered why. They might like their old stuff better, too! Someone else had mentioned Transmit. I don't do a lot of this (or could you tell?!) and had planned on trying a couple of different apps before I settled on one.

    I'm pretty sure the problem I was having earlier today and yesterday didn't have much to do with the software I was using, though. :)
    Beth Haney Guest