Professional Web Applications Themes

Transitions - Macromedia Flex General Discussion

hello and good morning! I just was wondering if anyone knows how to end transitions. You see I put together this graphic made up of four separate images on four separate layers. I want all of the graphics to fade in at different times, but once they are done fading in I want them to stay. What do I set the frame properties to? thank you, r.s....

  1. #1

    Default Transitions

    airrandy webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Transitions

    To stop any action in Flash simply add a stop action to the keyframe. In your case at the end of your transition (the last key frame) add:

    stop();

    ....that's all there is to it.

    Doug Richards
    Team Macromedia Volunteer for Flash

    Sprint Corporate Champions User Group Manager
    Member AIGA
    swingb13 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    thank you sir

    airrandy webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    I actually had the exact same question regarding transitions as the last
    posting. Except, he understood :0). I'm new to the whole flash scene. I
    have a title on my page that I have actually shadowed and then grouped.
    Does this effect the transition? I'm not having much luck once my item
    fades in getting it to stay. Any help is greatly appreciated. Hope the
    question isn't too silly.

    Thanks,
    AG

    Andrea Grant Guest

  5. #5

    Having problems keeping a sound synced up with a DM Tool's transition.

    I preceed the transition channel one frame with a frame script that
    plays a sound. The idea was this would make it seem as if the sound
    and transition coincide. Worked fine on my authoring machine, but on
    the target machine there was a long pause between the sound and
    transition. If you would play the transition a second time, you would
    get the desired effect, the sound and transition playing
    simultaneously.

    What can I do to guarantee this happens the first time around?

    Brian
    Dena Guest

  6. #6

    [email]denamanhotmail.com[/email] (Dena) wrote in
    news:dc9f55bd.0404301240.6dbce42dposting.google.c om:
    > What can I do to guarantee this happens the first time around?
    It sounds as if the target machine isn't loading the frame as fast as your
    development machine. No guarantees, but you might look into the various
    preLoad functions to see if they help.

    --
    Mark A. Boyd
    Keep-On-Learnin'

  7. #7

    I'm using transitions to fade-in components when I move between states. I've
    noticed that the transitions work on everything except for the labels on my
    component buttons. The button labels do not transition in-- they appear before
    the rest of the button fades in. My questions are:
    1. Is there a way to get the labels to obey the transition
    2. How can I execute a function that will use a tween class such as Tweener to
    control the transition instead of using Fex Transitions?

    SiHoop Guest

  8. #8

    I think you need to use embedded fonts for effects on text.
    Greg Lafrance Guest

  9. #9

    The font is embedded in a Flex Button component-- is it possible to embed fonts for a Flex component?
    SiHoop Guest

  10. #10

    You can embed the font as part of a style type selector, that was it will be
    applied to all components for the type selector. One thing, Button labels use a
    bold font, so make sure you embed the bold version of the font for effects on
    Buttons:

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml">
    <mx:Style>
    Button {
    fontFamily:myBoldComicFont;
    }
    </mx:Style>
    <mx:Script>
    [Embed(source='comicbd.ttf',
    fontWeight='bold',
    fontName='myBoldComicFont',
    mimeType='application/x-font',
    flashType='true'
    )]
    private var font2:Class;
    </mx:Script>
    <mx:Button
    label="ComicPro-Bold Font"
    rotation="15"
    fontSize="40"
    />
    </mx:Application>

    Greg Lafrance Guest

  11. #11

    I've checked that fonts are embedded, but the problem does not go away. The text on the Button component loads before the rest of the component when I use a Fade transition.
    SiHoop Guest

  12. #12

    Is the bold font embedded? Effects will not work on Buttons if the bold font is not embedded.
    Greg Lafrance Guest

  13. #13

    The bold is embedded-- I have my transitions set to 700 ms for the effect and I
    can tell that the text is not displayed at quite the same rate. It becomes very
    clear it I set the transition to 3000 ms. In this case the text pops out
    immediately, then the rest of the button slowly fades in.

    SiHoop Guest

  14. #14

    I have seen some counterintuitive behavior as well from the hide and show
    effects. Basically, a lot of times what happens is you tell it to do a fade
    in, and what you get is:
    The component shows for a split second, then disappears, then fades in, for
    instance. Or appears, then disappears, and WipesLeft.

    So for instance sometimes I find I need to preset the transition value, before
    calling the transition, like setting the alpha to 0, or moving the component
    off screen beforehand.

    Maybe this is your issue, or maybe I've just never dug deep enough into it to
    figure out why it worked that way for me.

    slaingod Guest

  15. #15

    Here's an example to illustrate the fade problem. It doesn't have an embedded
    font as that is difficult for people to reproduce, but it works the same with
    or without the embedded font. Noice how the text appears immediately. Is this a
    Flex bug?

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"
    verticalAlign="middle" >
    <mx:states>
    <mx:State name="Register">
    <mx:AddChild relativeTo="{controlbar1}" position="lastChild">
    <mx:Button label="Login" id="loginButton"/>
    </mx:AddChild>
    </mx:State>
    </mx:states>
    <mx:transitions>
    <mx:Transition fromState="" toState="Register">
    <mx:Fade alphaFrom="0" alphaTo="1" duration="3000"
    targets="{[loginButton]}"/>
    </mx:Transition>
    </mx:transitions>
    <mx:Panel id="loginPanel" width="250">
    <mx:ControlBar id="controlbar1">
    <mx:Button label="Register" id="registerLink"
    click="currentState='Register'"/>
    </mx:ControlBar>
    </mx:Panel>
    </mx:Application>

    SiHoop Guest

  16. #16

    I have tested this code. And it works as described. Label shows up, then the button fades in.

    What would it look like with the fonts embedded?

    Has this been solved?

    James
    iJames Guest

  17. #17

    No, it has not been solved. The same problem occurs when the font has been embedded.
    SiHoop Guest

  18. #18

    I've been banging my head against a wall for almost 2 weeks trying to get fades
    to work when adding and removing pieces from a page.

    One attempt(using addedEffect and removedEffect) had the new element
    appearing(no Fade), then the old one fading out, then the new one jumped up the
    page to replace it!

    I don't think it is particularly connected to the font problem, although I
    can't be sure because I am using embedded fonts.
    For now, I'm giving up on states and using a viewstack instead ...

    Freestyle MD Guest

  19. #19

    [q]Originally posted by: slaingod
    I have seen some counterintuitive behavior as well from the hide and show
    effects. Basically, a lot of times what happens is you tell it to do a fade
    in, and what you get is:
    The component shows for a split second, then disappears, then fades in, for
    instance. Or appears, then disappears, and WipesLeft.[/q]

    I've never seen such problems (yet). If your logic/events are at all
    sophisticated, it sounds to me like you may have some kind of annoying bug
    causing havoc for you.

    Ansury Guest

  20. #20

    Don't know whether this might help, but I've just discovered that you can
    dictate the order in which things take place in a Transition, by using
    SetPropertyAction, and a load of others such as Add... or RemoveChildAction.

    Freestyle MD Guest