Professional Web Applications Themes

Translation - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I use the Dutch version of Elements V2 for about half a year now. Today I noticed for the first time something funny in the filter menu. Obviously in english it read "watercolour" or "watercolor" as you Americans usually abuse the beautiful Shakespearean language. ;-)) The translation read "waterkleur". Litterally translated: the colo(u)r of water. I cannot imagine someone who knows the exact colo(u)r of water. BTW: a correct translation would have been: "aquarel" Leen...

  1. #1

    Default Translation

    I use the Dutch version of Elements V2 for about half a year now. Today I noticed for the first time something funny in the filter menu.
    Obviously in english it read "watercolour" or "watercolor" as you Americans usually abuse the beautiful Shakespearean language. ;-))

    The translation read "waterkleur". Litterally translated: the colo(u)r of water.
    I cannot imagine someone who knows the exact colo(u)r of water.

    BTW: a correct translation would have been: "aquarel"

    Leen
    Leen Koper Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Translation

    Leen, I believe that scientists consider water to be a colorless liquid.
    But what do they know??

    :-)

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  3. #3

    Chuck
    >Leen, I believe that scientists consider water to be a colorless liquid.
    >But what do they know??

    Following a long hot dry summer, the water in Victoria can contain many
    algae bloom which tend to make it a sickly green gooey color. The water
    for Victoria comes from beautiful Sooke Lake which is out my way and it
    can also depend on the number of campers in the area.

    Dave

    Dave Hamer Guest

  4. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Chuck Snyder Guest
    Moderated Post

  5. #5

    Chuck, you may use the sponge tool to desaturate the algae.

    Hope this helps. ;-)

    Leen
    Leen Koper Guest

  6. #6

    Ah, Leen....if it it were that easy...

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  7. #7

    If I may add to this watercolour affair; the colour of water. Adding color to water or water to color. Color brought to life by water. water brought to life by color. The chinese are the true masters of this concept,imo
    <http://www.dongkingman.org/>
    Jodi Frye Guest

  8. #8

    Adriana, we continue to be impressed with the multilingual capabilities of
    our friends across the ocean - most of us here have trouble dealing with
    only one language...

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  9. #9

    Ray, I certainly didn't mean to leave you out!! Excusez-moi, s'il vous
    plait!

    :-)

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  10. #10

    You're all excuse mon ami! :)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  11. #11

    Those lakes are mighty big, Ray! Besides, even though we do know better if we stop to think about it, most of us assume our friends to the North speak English as a native language. You've been hanging out on the forum so much that you no longer type with an accent. :)
    Beth Haney Guest

  12. #12

    "You've been hanging out on the forum so much that you no longer type with
    an accent. :)"

    I just love this one :))) I'll keep it! Thank you, Beth.

    I met with an english speaking friend, last week, to have a couple of beers
    over a pool table and he pointed out that my English has improved so much
    since the last time we met (6 months ago) that it was incredible! I though
    then he was only being polite (he's also my chiropractor), but now, I think
    he really meant it :)

    But you're right about one thing, most Canadian citizens (I believe it to be
    two third of the population) speak english and only english. I was only
    teasing Chuck when I mentionned myself.

    Ray Guest