Professional Web Applications Themes

Trivial encryption - ASP

"William Tasso" wrote: > > I'm looking for a one-way encryption algorithym that I can beg, > steal or borrow to use from ASP (vb-script). doesn't need to be > industrial strength - just good enough to confound casual > fiddlers. Map everything to zero. It (a) is trivial, (b) is one-way, and (c) will confound almost anyone. -- Dave Anderson Unsolicited commercial email will be read at a cost of $500 per message. Use of this email address implies consent to these terms. Please do not contact me directly or ask me to contact you directly for assistance. If ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Trivial encryption

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson Guest

  2. #2

    Mike wrote:
    > "William Tasso" <ngxtbdata.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello one and all
    >>
    >> I'm looking for a one-way encryption algorithym that I can beg,
    >> steal or borrow to use from ASP (vb-script). doesn't need to be
    >> industrial strength - just good enough to confound casual fiddlers.
    >>
    >> Web server is IIS5 on Win2k
    >>
    >> Anyone done something similar or have any recommendations?
    >
    > [url]http://www.frez.co.uk/freecode.htm[/url]
    >
    > MD5 or SHA-256 digests...
    Thanks - that looks just the ticket
    > these are the only free ones I could find.
    > There are plenty of commercial ones.
    Have you tried either/both? Would you recommend one over the other?

    --
    William Tasso - [url]http://WilliamTasso.com[/url]

    William Tasso Guest

  3. #3

    Dave Anderson wrote:
    > "William Tasso" wrote:
    >>
    >> I'm looking for a one-way encryption algorithym that I can beg,
    >> steal or borrow to use from ASP (vb-script). doesn't need to be
    >> industrial strength - just good enough to confound casual
    >> fiddlers.
    >
    > Map everything to zero. It (a) is trivial, (b) is one-way, and (c)
    > will confound almost anyone.
    Indeed it is / is / would ;o)

    Are you the Dave Anderson that worked in a large building near Waterloo,
    London, England?

    Same name, same humour - just curious.

  4. #4

    [url]http://www.dalun.com/ftp/crypto.zip[/url] can help you. Trivial, industrial
    strength, though.

    > Dave Anderson wrote:
    > > "William Tasso" wrote:
    > >>
    > >> I'm looking for a one-way encryption algorithym that I can beg,
    > >> steal or borrow to use from ASP (vb-script). doesn't need to be
    > >> industrial strength - just good enough to confound casual
    > >> fiddlers.
    > >
    > > Map everything to zero. It (a) is trivial, (b) is one-way, and (c)
    > > will confound almost anyone.
    >
    > Indeed it is / is / would ;o)
    >
    > Are you the Dave Anderson that worked in a large building near Waterloo,
    > London, England?
    >
    > Same name, same humour - just curious.
    >
    > --
    > William Tasso - [url]http://WilliamTasso.com[/url]

    John Smith Guest

  5. #5

    John Smith wrote:
    > "William Tasso" <ngxtbdata.com> wrote in message
    >> Dave Anderson wrote:

    >>> Map everything to zero. It (a) is trivial, (b) is one-way, and (c)
    >>> will confound almost anyone.
    >>
    >> Indeed it is / is / would ;o)
    >>
    > [url]http://www.dalun.com/ftp/crypto.zip[/url] can help you. Trivial, industrial
    > strength, though.
    looks good thanks - unfortunately I am looking for a scripted solution. dll
    components are out I'm afraid.

  6. #6

    "William Tasso" wrote:

    > Are you the Dave Anderson that worked in a large building
    > near Waterloo, London, England?
    Nope. I've only been to England once, and I was only there for 5 glorious
    days.
    > Same name, same humour - just curious.
    Does that Dave Anderson also share my love of Courage Director's Bitter?

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson Guest

  7. #7

    Dave Anderson wrote:
    > "William Tasso" wrote:
    >>
    >> Are you the Dave Anderson that worked in a large building
    >> near Waterloo, London, England?
    >
    > Nope. I've only been to England once, and I was only there for 5
    > glorious days.
    >
    >> Same name, same humour - just curious.
    >
    > Does that Dave Anderson also share my love of Courage Director's
    > Bitter?
    not sure about now, he did 20 years ago - any decent pint as I recall ;o)

    Are you in the states? can you get Directors there?

  8. #8

    Default (OT) Beer (WAS: Trivial encryption)

    "William Tasso" wrote:

    > Are you in the states? can you get Directors there?
    Yes, and no. As I understand it, Director's Bitter is cask conditioned, and
    requires pretty strict temperature regulation to survive the journey. AFAIK,
    it's not sold in the states.

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson Guest

  9. #9

    Default Re: (OT) Beer (WAS: Trivial encryption)

    Dave Anderson wrote:
    > "William Tasso" wrote:
    >>
    >> Are you in the states? can you get Directors there?
    >
    > Yes, and no. As I understand it, Director's Bitter is cask
    > conditioned, and requires pretty strict temperature regulation to
    > survive the journey. AFAIK, it's not sold in the states.
    Ahhh - that makes sense.

    Mostly drink the 'Best' when in Courage houses these days. It's lighter
    than Directors - more of a session beer IYKWIM. The most reliable, widely
    available and (IMNSHO) one of the better pints is Bass.

    btw: what's the tolerance level for OT in this group.