Professional Web Applications Themes

Trouble getting a text or image to stay in the same place - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

I have created a new doent in photoshop 7. I have created a few lines of text and also some images. Everything at this point are still in layers. I have had this issue before and found a way to correct it. But now i seem to have forgotten how to fix the problem. When i take one of the text lines or one of the images and move it across the doent just trying to move it around to see which looks better as i move or drag to another spot it jumps right back where it first was. ...

  1. #1

    Default Trouble getting a text or image to stay in the same place

    I have created a new doent in photoshop 7. I have created a few lines of text and also some images. Everything at this point are still in layers. I have had this issue before and found a way to correct it. But now i seem to have forgotten how to fix the problem. When i take one of the text lines or one of the images and move it across the doent just trying to move it around to see which looks better as i move or drag to another spot it jumps right back where it first was. After playing around with it a while i finaly get it to stay put in another spot, themn again if i move it one more time same thing as soon as i let go of the mouse hoping it would stay in place it moves back to the previous spot where it was last placed. It will not always stay where i place it. It almost reminds you of snap to grid, but this is not the case i have checked and unchecked that part and to no avail. Please tell me what to select so i may fix this problem
    Troy_n._Borel@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    You couldn't possibly be attempting to drag the layer outside of your image area, could you? I know if you try to drag outside of that area (like onto the artboard like in Illie) it will pop back to the same position. Other than that I haven't a clue.
    Emma_d_Anise@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    No it is different areas of the doent it does this. Not outside of the area.
    Troy_n._Borel@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Exactly how are you trying to move the text? Which tool have you selected? Sounds like a silly question, but let's not skip the obvious.
    Colin_Walls@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    the move tool (arrow/cross symbol-very top left tool). this same feature works at times and other times it don't
    Troy_n._Borel@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Troy,

    Are you moving the cursor outside the active window? You can drag things completely off the canvas provided you never take the mouse outside the active window.

    Maximize the doent window and see if you still have the same problem.
    Photo_Help@adobeforums.com Guest