Professional Web Applications Themes

Trouble installing flash player on IE - Macromedia Flash Player

I am haveing trouble installing flash player I have IE and it keeps poping up download cancelled or stopped and asked retry or quit. I cant get any further I also tried installing on filehippo.com that didnt work either. Do I need the newest version of IE....

  1. #1

    Default Trouble installing flash player on IE

    I am haveing trouble installing flash player I have IE and it keeps poping up
    download cancelled or stopped and asked retry or quit. I cant get any further I
    also tried installing on filehippo.com that didnt work either. Do I need the
    newest version of IE.

    zorgchris Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Trouble installing flash player on IE

    have you tried this website:

    http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/

    buymeabmw Guest

  3. #3

    yes they dont have the latest version it wont let me download
    zorgchris Guest

  4. #4

    Filehippo downloads are blocked by Adobe. They issue a pop-up saying you have
    to go to the
    Adobe site to get the latest version, even tho the Filehippo download is
    supposedly the latest version.
    And guess what happens when you do that.
    Whatta merry-go-round.

    ThaiLes Guest

  5. #5

    [q]Originally posted by: zorgchris
    I am haveing trouble installing flash player I have IE and it keeps poping up
    download cancelled or stopped and asked retry or quit. I cant get any further I
    also tried installing on filehippo.com that didnt work either. Do I need the
    newest version of IE.[/q]

    Try uninstalling flash player using these directions. They were posted by
    BWolfe from Adobe in another msg..

    ONE: Identify possibly leftover Flash player bits
    a. Open C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash folder.
    b. Download the latest FP uninstaller from http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14157.
    c. Run the uninstaller. If you get a notice saying you need to reboot, then
    reboot.
    d. Look at C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash folder.
    e. Does any file ending in .ocx remain? (flash.ocx, flasha.ocs, flash9d.ocx
    etc...)
    e1. If no, then you don't usually have any leftover locked bits.
    You're done with this part of the problem, go to the Adobe home page and see
    if you can install the latest version of the Flash Player.
    e2. If yes, then that remaining .ocx file may be locked. Right click it
    and select properties and look at the version tab.
    What is the version number?
    f. Is the version number Flash Player 9.0.16.0 or earlier?
    f1. Use the uninstaller instructions from this technote:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/4da116d3
    -- section "Flash Player 9.0.16.0 and earlier"
    -- DO NOT re-register the uninstaller. ONLY do this UninstFl.exe part.
    Yes, you'll need to know how to use the command line to do this. If you're not
    comfortable with that then take your machine to someone who is!
    g. Is the version number Flash Player 9.0.28.0 or higher?
    g1. Use the uninstaller instructions from this technote:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/4da116d3
    -- section "Flash Player 9 (9.0.28.0) and later"
    -- DO NOT re-register the uninstaller. ONLY do this UninstFl.exe part.

    In both the D and E sections above you'll need to use the specific name of the
    control that remains
    in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash. So if you had a stuck
    flash9b.ocx[DJM1] in the folder
    and version was 9.0.28.0, your uninstall command would look like this:
    UninstFl.exe -u c:\windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9b.ocx

    That said, if you have trouble running these commands it really is necessary
    to find someone who knows how
    to use the command line, either a friend or a local professional. Or spend
    some time learning about the
    command line yourself.

    h. RERUN the uninstaller you downloaded earlier. This should get rid of the
    remaining (now unlocked) .ocx file and fix any registry keys associated with
    it.

    ALL of section "ONE: Identify possibly leftover Flash player bits" is
    important. BUT this locked bit problem only happens on maybe one out of 50
    machines. So most people with installation problems such as this are not going
    to have locked bits.

    need Guest