Professional Web Applications Themes

trouble using flash player - Macromedia Flash Player

yea i just downloaded this and im trying to play a video when i finish it says something about my security settings not allowing it to load activex correctly and closes any suggestions?...

  1. #1

    Default trouble using flash player

    yea i just downloaded this and im trying to play a video when i finish it says something about my security settings not allowing it to load activex correctly and closes

    any suggestions?
    tidusffx2 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: trouble using flash player

    If you are on IE 7, then Tools/Internet Options/Security should have what you
    need. Not real familar with that error, but sounds like Active-X settings are
    blocking it from going through. If your Security for the Internet is set to
    Custom, hit default and Apply. Then take it down to the lowest, Medium, and
    see if the website works. If it does, then the Cutom Level button will show
    what the current settings are. I'd put it back to Medium-High and try and
    match the Active-X setting from Medium and apply it to the Medium-High setting,
    so you still have somewhat better security than on the Medium level.

    SpoiledDiegan Guest

  3. #3

    whenever i click "watch on veoh tv" on veoh, it brings me back to the install
    screen to re install the player, even though ive dl'ed it like 10 times

    then i still get that same error when i do dl it

    tidusffx2 Guest

  4. #4

    If you are on Vista, I've seen tons of people complaining about the install.
    Letting it automatically install from the web doesn't seem to fly well with
    Vista. Try the suggestion from the other post in this category titled:
    "flash player saying installed but doesnt work", by buymeabmw

    If that doesn't work, I've found uninstalling it clean with the
    uninstall_flash_player.exe works pretty good, start from scratch. Add "
    /clean" after exe with the space before the /.
    Here's where the uninstaller is:
    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14157&sliceId=1
    Then after your download the install file, right click it and Run as
    Administrator to get it to install. It should be in the Macromed/Flash folder
    in your Windows directory, search for it if you don't know where it is. You
    should see a different screen when you install this way that you don't see when
    you install from the website.

    If that doesn't work and other websites with Flash Video Players work, then
    try deleting everything in your browsers history, sometimes that frees things
    up. Just for checking, you should have at least flash9c.ocx on your computer
    as I wonder if veoh is looking for the latest flash plugin.

    Check Tools/Manage Add ons/Enable or Disable Add-Ons as well, make sure you
    see Shockwave Flash Object in there and that it is enabled. Not sure if you
    need Shockwave 10 installed too, but might as well try that if nothing else
    works off of the Adobe site. Good luck. Lots of other posts in here going
    through same problems, so they may help to try some of their tricks.

    SpoiledDiegan Guest