Professional Web Applications Themes

Truncated or incomplete file - Adobe Photoshop Elements

When transfering images from my Canon D10 software or try to open a file from my card reader, I get this message, "could not open because a jpeg marker segment lenght is too short. The file may be truncated or incomplete. How can I resolve this problem?...

  1. #1

    Default Truncated or incomplete file

    When transfering images from my Canon D10 software or try to open a file from my card reader, I get this message, "could not open because a jpeg marker segment lenght is too short. The file may be truncated or incomplete. How can I resolve this problem?
    Joe Villegas Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Truncated or incomplete file

    Joe,

    Did you extract the JPEG from the RAW files, or shot directly into JPG with the 10D ?

    I have a 10D myself and have no problem opening picture shot in JPEG directly from the card, or once saved from the File Viewer Utility

    Also, are you under Windows or Mac ?

    Ray
    Raymond Robillard Guest

  3. #3

    Joe, does it work with the Canon-supplied software? Are you trying to open
    RAW (CRW) images?

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  4. #4

    Hello, Ray - looks like we're on the same wavelength! Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  5. #5

    Of course Chuck ! AFAICT, we're the only ones with a 10D around here.

    Ray
    Raymond Robillard Guest

  6. #6

    The more the better! :)
    Raymond Robillard Guest

  7. #7

    At the price of those beauties, don't expect your group to get too big!
    Beth Haney Guest

  8. #8

    Joe Villegas wrote:
    > When transfering images from my Canon D10 software or try to open a
    > file from my card reader, I get this message, "could not open because
    > a jpeg marker segment lenght is too short. The file may be truncated
    > or incomplete. How can I resolve this problem?
    Photorescue can recover photos from removeable media. I have not used
    it myself, but others have reported success in recovering files from
    damaged cards. [url]http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/[/url]

    I do believe that this is a faulty card, and after you try to rescue
    what is there, you should format the card in the camera, if possible. I
    understand that the D10 supports FAT32 formatting, is this correct? If
    so, you might also try to format on the computer.

    Quaoar Guest

  9. #9

    Thanks JoAnne, and you may be right on with maybe a problem with the card reader. I'm running win98se and have no problem in getting my jpeg images from a different card reader in my other computer. I'll recheck to make sure the driver is loaded properly.
    Joe
    Joe Villegas Guest

  10. #10

    Chuck,
    I'm thinking the problem is with the card reader. I'm trying to open JPEG Images. I tried to load up drivers only from my Lexar Software and although I didn't get the entire image, I did get more than previously. I'm thinking to uninstall my card reader software and start over.
    Joe
    Joe Villegas Guest

  11. #11

    Thank you all for responding to my problem. Just so that you know, the problem was with the Lexar Card Reader. Everything works fine now that I have installed a different reader and software. Thanks again,
    Joe
    Joe Villegas Guest

  12. #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Beth Haney View Post
    At the price of those beauties, don't expect your group to get too big!
    I'm getting a 500D are the 10D's good?
    Armthecannons Guest