Professional Web Applications Themes

tutorial for creating custom picture packages - Adobe Photoshop Elements

For those who were asking about this not too long ago. <http://www.graficalicus.com/tutorials/photoshop/PicturePackage.htm>...

  1. #1

    Default tutorial for creating custom picture packages

    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    beat me to it!

    thanks for the linkage!

    <mike>
    http://digiart.graficalicus.com
    November challenge: "transportation"

    graficalicus@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    ya, you are welcome. I appreciate your hard work ;)
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Oh, while i got you here...you have a tut somewhere for creating those 'special effect' brushes like the ones in PS 7? I've been putting it on hold for a while now. I know how to make brushes....regular brushes but I like those ones that pop out images/paint all over with one click. Like i said, I figured I get to it sooner or later but seems I'm on the 'later' end of the pole...I need a push ! Thanks !
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Default JODI: tutorial for creating custom brushes

    try this tutorial:

    http://www.graficalicus.com/tutorials/CreatingBrushes/PhotoShop_brush.htm

    Should work in PSE the same way - - let me know if it doesn't

    enjoy!

    <mike>
    http://digiart.graficalicus.com/index.php
    November challenge: 'transportation"

    grafical@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    mike - Creating brush tip shapes works pretty much this way in Elements - what I think Jodi was talking about is creating brushes which have the fancy brush dynamics saved with them - Elements can use these features if some nice person puts them in for us and saves them with the brush - but we can't create them. Unfortunately most people who create brushes with PS7 concentrate on saving the brush shapes and don't think about the dynamics (how they work with tip sensitivity, fancy colour jitter etc.) I guesss they assume that people using them can set these up for themselves - but Elements users can't!
    Suan S.
    Susan_S.@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Susan S

    There is one set that works with PE2 that has the brush dynamics saved with them on the Adobe Exchange. They are labled pen and ink by Schneich. They say photoshop 7 only... but work in PE2. At least I think this is what you mean by brush dynamics, they work like the special effects brushes prepackaged with elements. I thought I'd pass that along to you since you were mooning.

    Terri
    Terri_Foster@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Cheers Terri - that's exactly the sort of thing that I'm thinking of - I'd missed those. I haven't had a browse around the exchange for a while.

    Susan S.
    Susan_S.@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Susan- Sad to say I think it may be the only set like that on the exchange.

  10. #10

    I'm still looking for it Terri! But I've found some cool custom shapes so far (some nice borders)...still searching for the brushes!
    Susan S.
    Susan_S.@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Susan...gave wrong name. Look on page 17 for Ps7 art and gen art brushes by schoneich...I must have saved them under my own save name. Sorry for the misinformation.

  12. #12

    Thanks - I'll go and look. I've found some interesting brushes with dynamics (some I already had but forgotten) plus an interesting tutorials on how to use the PS7 dynamics for creating hair brushes at creativemac.com (I'd be more precise with the URL but something about the site is crashing my browser!)

    Susan S
    Edit - got them now, thanks!
    Susan_S.@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    yes I know how to make those basic brushes. It's the special effect brushes i'm interested in...the ones that use foreground and background colors...the ones that basically shoot out many different size pixels in one click. I had seen the tutorial months ago but the dumb$$ that I am I forgot to bookmark it. I'm sure I can find it again though. I've just been doing too many different things lately and haven't slowed my butt down to put 100% focus on one thing. C'est la vie !
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    OK, I got it. Fiddled around and figured it out. It was all in the brush dinamics...duh.
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. #15

    Susan- I have been scaling down the number of pixils on some of them because some of them are so huge.

    Jodi- Are you actually planning to make a brush set or two like these?

  16. #16

    Terri,already started :)
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  17. #17

    Jodi

    Fantastic!!! Glad Susan brought the dynamic brushes up. Thanks for all your efforts...it's really nice of you to make things for those of us who only have the Elements 1 and 2 software.

  18. #18

    Terri, The certain type brushes I'm creating at the moment are the special effects brushes and will only be able to work in PE2....if I'm lucky. Beth is my tester so she'll be getting them first. Beth, hope it's OK that i nominated you...I guess I'm assuming that's OK since you've done such a great job in the past ;) If not just send them back with a nasty note attached :)
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  19. #19

    I'm always up for testing! :)

    I don't have anything yet, though. Is that right? I'm closing down for the day, so I'll check my mailbox bright and early tomorrow.
    Beth_Haney@adobeforums.com Guest

  20. #20

    Beth, goodmorning. No I haven't sent them yet. Seems I need more time ;) Wasn't home much today and i have some things to do tomorrow and oh geeze, the challenge...must work on that ! It will probably be early next week. Thank You !
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest