Professional Web Applications Themes

Tutorial Images Question - Macromedia Fireworks

Hello, I am new to flash and attempting to do the first tutorial and am currently stuck, any advice would be greatly appreciated. My files have been imported into the library. 3. Browse to your Tutorials/FlashIntro/Assets folder within your Flash MX application folder and select view1.png, then Shift-click to add view2.png and view3.png to the selection. Click Open. Done with windows explorer, fireworks opens, and all images are there. 4. In the Fireworks PNG Import Settings dialog box, click Import as a Single Flattened Bitmap, then click OK. Cannot find Fireworks PNG Import Settings dialog box, where is this under? ...

  1. #1

    Default Tutorial Images Question

    Hello,
    I am new to flash and attempting to do the first tutorial and am currently stuck, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    My files have been imported into the library.

    3. Browse to your Tutorials/FlashIntro/Assets folder within your Flash MX application folder and select view1.png, then Shift-click to add view2.png and view3.png to the selection. Click Open.

    Done with windows explorer, fireworks opens, and all images are there.

    4. In the Fireworks PNG Import Settings dialog box, click Import as a Single Flattened Bitmap, then click OK.

    Cannot find Fireworks PNG Import Settings dialog box, where is this under? is this in flash or fireworks

    From what I see my images have been imported from the first 2 steps.

    1
    On the Timeline, add a new layer and name it Images.

    2
    Choose File > Import to Library.

    When you select Import to Library rather than Import, the images must be placed on the Stage before they will appear.

    Is a single flattened bitmap a combination of all three pictures.

    Cannot find Fireworks PNG Import Settings dialog box, where is this under?

    Thanks
    Buff ChartersIs a single flattened bitmap a combination of all three pictures.

    Buff Charters webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Tutorial Images Question

    "Buff Charters" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    >Hello,
    > I am new to flash and attempting to do the first tutorial and am currently stuck, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    >My files have been imported into the library.
    >

    >3. Browse to your Tutorials/FlashIntro/Assets folder within your Flash MX application folder and select view1.png, then Shift-click to add view2.png and view3.png to the selection. Click Open.
    >
    > Done with windows explorer, fireworks opens, and all images are there.
    >
    >4. In the Fireworks PNG Import Settings dialog box, click Import as a Single Flattened Bitmap, then click OK.
    >
    >Cannot find Fireworks PNG Import Settings dialog box, where is this under? is this in flash or fireworks
    >
    >From what I see my images have been imported from the first 2 steps.
    >
    >1
    > On the Timeline, add a new layer and name it Images.
    >
    >2
    > Choose File > Import to Library.
    >
    > When you select Import to Library rather than Import, the images must be placed on the Stage before they will appear.
    >
    >Is a single flattened bitmap a combination of all three pictures.
    >
    >Cannot find Fireworks PNG Import Settings dialog box, where is this under?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Buff ChartersIs a single flattened bitmap a combination of all three pictures.

    The Fireworks PNG import settings are in Flash. Choose File > Import and
    select a Fireworks PNG (not just any regular PNG, but a FIREWORKS PNG,
    mind you) and when you click Open the dialog should appear.

    --
    enthusiastically,
    mark haynes

    Announcing Macromedia DevNet Subscriptions
    Maximize your power with our new premium software subscription for Macromedia developers
    Find out more: [url]http://www.macromedia.com/go/devnetsubs/[/url]

    mark haynes Guest

  3. #3

    Thanx I think I confused myself a little

    Buff Charters webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest