Professional Web Applications Themes

Tweening and Frames Problem - Macromedia Fireworks

I have a bouncing ball (very original) that takes one bounce. If I start out with a fresh drawing and make a graphic symbol, duplicate it three times, select all the graphic symbols, tween and distribute to frames -- everything works fine. If I try and modify the animation, by trying to re-tween (word?), change the number of frames, or delete frames and start over, I can no longer tween. Tweening refuses to distribute to frames. I have to create a new file and new graphic objects and start from scratch. What is the procedure for revising tweened graphics? What ...

  1. #1

    Default Tweening and Frames Problem

    I have a bouncing ball (very original) that takes one bounce.

    If I start out with a fresh drawing and make a graphic symbol, duplicate it
    three times, select all the graphic symbols, tween and distribute to
    frames -- everything works fine.

    If I try and modify the animation, by trying to re-tween (word?), change
    the number of frames, or delete frames and start over, I can no longer
    tween. Tweening refuses to distribute to frames. I have to create a new file
    and new graphic objects and start from scratch.

    What is the procedure for revising tweened graphics?
    What is the best approach to creating a non-linear animation like a bouncing
    ball?

    Thanks, Pat

    Pat Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Tweening and Frames Problem

    Pat:

    Flash? Or Fireworks?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Pat" <com> wrote in message
    it
    file
    bouncing

    Murray Guest

  3. #3

    Hi, Murray:

    Fireworks - for an ad.

    Pat

    Pat Guest

  4. #4

    Linda:

    Thanks for the suggestion. I was finally able to create a bouncing ball
    using your approach. -- <but>--- I'm also using a highlighted ball (must be
    ESP since it's virtually identical to yours). When I rotate the circles, the
    ball also rotates, which means that the light source rotates. So, unless I
    missed the point, it doesn't quite work.

    It seems like it would be easy to make a bouncing ball. I've tried breaking
    a straight-line animation apart and nudging the balls to, but that's so
    impossible. It sure seems to be difficult to make a curving animation.

    Thanks very much...I'll keep trying -- maybe another software program.

    Pat

    > Undo.
    > [/ref]
    bouncing

    > Use the animate wizard. Attach the ball to the rim of an invisible
    > wheel (a circle no stroke or fill color) by grouping them together.
    > Convert the group to a symbol. Select the Animation radio button in the
    > Symbol Properties dialog box. In the Animate wizard, choose the number
    > of frames you want, how far forward you want the ball to bounce, and
    > rotate 360 degrees clockwise or counterclockwise.
    >

    > Linda Rathgeber
    > Design Aid: 10-Palette Pack for Fireworks & Flash
    > http://www.webdevbiz.com/graphics.cfm
    > Playing with Fire | http://www.playingwithfire.com
    > Victoriana | Theme Pack 03 - Club | http://www.projectseven.com
    > Team MM Fireworks Volunteer | www.macromedia.com/go/team

    ----

    Pat Guest

  5. #5

    Linda:

    Ok, your suggestion sounds good. That will work.

    I tried a bouncing ball in Rave2 and it was a snap. The only problem has
    been getting rid of the background. It imports into FWMX perfectly. So, I'm
    going back and finish it in FW using your tip!

    All I can say is: they wanted a bouncing ball and they darn sure better like
    it!

    Again, thanks much, I've learned a lot.

    Regards, Pat
     [/ref]