Professional Web Applications Themes

two cf apps inside Iframes in the same browser? - Coldfusion - Advanced Techniques

This is a follow up on a previous thread (weird session variable behaviour / Uportal single sign on). I think the root problem is that two applications are loading in iframes on the same browser window. Here is the question: Has anyone had trouble with loading two different cold fusion apps into two separate inline frames? Both apps authenticate via ldap and then set session variables. But on the browser, which ever loads first ends up with all the session variables cleared. It's a portal environment. thanks...

  1. #1

    Default two cf apps inside Iframes in the same browser?

    This is a follow up on a previous thread (weird session variable behaviour /
    Uportal single sign on).

    I think the root problem is that two applications are loading in iframes on
    the same browser window.

    Here is the question: Has anyone had trouble with loading two different cold
    fusion apps into two separate inline frames? Both apps authenticate via ldap
    and then set session variables. But on the browser, which ever loads first
    ends up with all the session variables cleared.

    It's a portal environment.

    thanks

    kebab Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: two cf apps inside Iframes in the same browser?

    I have a page that has two iframes on it. They update at different times and it has been working good so far. They do not authenticate though.
    want-a-be Guest

  3. #3

    We do this without problems.

    Make sure that the applications have different names and make sure client and
    session mangement are on...
    <CFAPPLICATION name="Site_A" clientManagement = "yes" clientStorage =
    "Cookie" sessionManagement = "yes">
    <CFAPPLICATION name="Site_B" clientManagement = "yes" clientStorage =
    "Cookie" sessionManagement = "yes">

    Regards,
    -- MikeR

    MikerRoo Guest

  4. #4

    thanks. I think I found the problem. We had j2ee session management on. Not
    sure why, but once we turned that off and used cf session management, the
    problem went away.

    does that make any sense? I'm not real familiar with who j2ee sessions work. I
    just know some of the benefits.

    kebab Guest

  5. #5

    That doesn't make sense. We use J2EE variables on all our servers.
    Something else must be going on.

    MikerRoo Guest

  6. #6

    there is alot more going on. I tried to describe it as best as i can in this
    thread:
    http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=7&thread
    id=1076319

    whatever is happening, its been solved by not using the j2ee sessions.

    If you have any ideas, i'm all ears.

    thanks.

    kebab Guest

  7. #7

    So the problem has returned. Couple of things.

    It is an application router of sorts and the one questionable thing I am doing
    is copying all session vars to the request scope, then using a cfapplication
    tag to change the application midway ( to the applicaiton that the router will
    redirect to and ), then copying all the request vars back to the session scope.

    Works great if its hitting the router once on a single page. but if I have two
    inline frames using this router on the same page, the cfid and cftoken for one
    of the applications is initially different.

    Also, we have duplicate routers so that each application is using a different
    router application (with different application names).

    The source problem seems to be that the app that fails initially has its own
    cfid and token (different from the other) but then gets switched to whatever
    the cfid and cftoken are for the other application and thus looses all of its
    session variables.

    kebab Guest