Professional Web Applications Themes

Typing paragraph style text in Photoshop 7.0 - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I am attempting to type several lines into a Photoshop design I made, but every time I hit enter to begin the next line of text, it gets set as a finished layer. I've hit every button I could to try to figure out why I can't type more than one line at a time. There is an option for paragraph arrangment, but I can't even get in a paragraph. I have Photoshop 7.0. Can someone PLEASE help end my headache? Thanks, Louise...

  1. #1

    Default Typing paragraph style text in Photoshop 7.0

    Louise_Crooks@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Typing paragraph style text in Photoshop 7.0

    The trick is to drag out a rectangle for your text, rather than just clicking with the text tool.
    Don_McCahill@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    As Don noted, the rectangle dragged is the available space for your text.
    You can then select the justification et al, and type away. It will
    automatically wrap within the area you have dragged.

    When you are done, and you want to reposition the text area to center it or
    whatever, change to the move tool (V), and drag it where desired with the
    mouse.

    Ron Hirsch

    Ronald_Hirsch@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    First of all, thank you for you attempted help, but I'm still stuck. I followed your instructions, but it still didn't work out. I selected the Text tool, clicked and dragged a workspace on the canvass. In the paragraph block, I clicked on Justificate It All, and began typing within the block. Onced I reached the far right of the box border, my text disappeared, and a small cube appeared in the lower right corner. I then followed the same first two steps, began typing, then pressed enter where I wanted my next line to begin, and nothing happened. Any other suggestions? I'm getting such a headache.
    Thanks.
    Louise_Crooks@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Louise,

    Even without a text box you can hit enter for a new line with the text tool, Unless you hold down CTRL but in your case I don't think it is simply a stuck key. The only advantage of a text box is that it will auto wrap lines.

    Try resetting your preferences.
    Photo_Help@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Set your Leading value in the Character Palette to "Auto."

    That'll fix your present problem, Louise.

    And if you want to FORCE a carriage return, use SHIFT + Return.

    Can't help you with the "Justificate" thang.
    Phosphor@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    I attempted to type something on the canvass again, hit enter, and nothing appears. I went to the Preferences, and I'm not sure what I should enter to reset my preferences. Once I type something and hit enter, the cursor that USE to be at the end of the word last typed disappears.
    (Crying)
    Louise_Crooks@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH PHOSPHOR!!! THAT DID IT!
    (Smiling Now!)
    Louise_Crooks@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    I'm happy to help...