Hi,
I am trying to create a UDF in MYSQL 5 using VC++. Since I've found
little examples, I've tried something like that, this is a C code for
getting HDD's serial number:

--begin c code--

#include "windows.h"
#include "mysql.h"

my_bool HDDSerial_init(UDF_INIT *initid, UDF_ARGS *args, char
*message);
void HDDSerial_deinit(UDF_INIT *initid);
char* HDDSerial();

my_bool HDDSerial_init(UDF_INIT *initid, UDF_ARGS *args, char *message)

{
return 1;
}

void HDDSerial_deinit(UDF_INIT *initid)
{

}

char* HDDSerial()
{

char VolumeNameBuffer[256];
unsigned long VolumeSerialNumber;
unsigned long MaximumComponentLength;
unsigned long FileSystemFlags;
char FileSystemNameBuffer[256];
GetVolumeInformation(
"C:\\",
VolumeNameBuffer,
sizeof(VolumeNameBuffer),
&VolumeSerialNumber,
&MaximumComponentLength,
&FileSystemFlags,
FileSystemNameBuffer,
sizeof(FileSystemNameBuffer)
);

return("VolumeSerialNumber");
}

--end c code--

When I compile that project in VC++ and put the DLL in System32, then
run that query: "CREATE FUNCTION HDDSerial RETURNS STRING SONAME
"HDDSerial.dll";" , I get: "Can't find function 'HDDSerial_init' in
library"

What am I doing wrong OR is there a cuter alternative way to get serial
number in MySQL?