Professional Web Applications Themes

Unable to authenticate installer - Macromedia Flash Player

We are trying to install Macromedia Flash Player 9.0 onto a networked XP workstation and its showing the Unable to authenticate installer error. All the other machines that are on the network loads the flash player fine. Hope can i solve this probem?...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Unable to authenticate installer

    We are trying to install Macromedia Flash Player 9.0 onto a networked XP
    workstation and its showing the Unable to authenticate installer error. All the
    other machines that are on the network loads the flash player fine.

    Hope can i solve this probem?

    YELLOWCUP Guest

  2. #2

    The date time note above worked. Even though I had the correct dat and time I opened the Date and Time Properties window clicked okay and the flash page immediately continued with the end of the install sayin flash sucessfully installed

    From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/82_2007_4_0_0_960991/Unable-to-authenticate-installer.ht

    Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Group
    http://www.developmentnow.com
    myname Guest

  3. #3

    I was having the same problem on my network behind a firewall. Whenever I
    attempted the install from the Adobe home page I met with "unable to
    authenticate installer." As a work around I was able to go to sites that had
    embedded flash movies and Flash 9 installed itself. Worked for 2K, XP, and
    Vista.

    Jim--S Guest

  4. #4

    Let me restate.. if you are doing a network install of multiple machines, then
    you should be using the licensed, distributable Flash Player installers.
    They're designed for this type of usage.

    they're available via the Free player licensing program. Visit here:
    http://www.adobe.com/licensing/

    The form there will get your company access to the bits to distribute on your
    intranet.

    BWolfe Guest

  5. #5

    :disgust; Hey BWolfe? There is a significant error in your statement. It is
    NOT designed for networked users, it is designed for buisiness networked users.
    Notice that difference. What of those who have home computers, and/or
    networks experiencing this, but without a buisiness? DUDE! Just because 80%
    of the need for this util is buisiness, doesn't mean it's a 100% fix. I really
    hate when companies do this. If I came up with a solution that had 80% of the
    computers in my company working after a problem, then just walked away throwing
    an answer like "Use the general solution"....you know...the one that doesn't
    work if your not a buisiness? I'd get fired. Funny how so many slow people
    can be amusing.

    fakenet Guest

  6. #6

    [q]Originally posted by: fakenet
    :disgust; Hey BWolfe? There is a significant error in your statement. It is
    NOT designed for networked users, it is designed for buisiness networked users.
    Notice that difference. What of those who have home computers, and/or
    networks experiencing this, but without a buisiness? DUDE! Just because 80%
    of the need for this util is buisiness, doesn't mean it's a 100% fix. I really
    hate when companies do this. If I came up with a solution that had 80% of the
    computers in my company working after a problem, then just walked away throwing
    an answer like "Use the general solution"....you know...the one that doesn't
    work if your not a buisiness? I'd get fired. Funny how so many slow people
    can be amusing.[/q]

    Fakenet..

    I'm not going to argue with you, and I apologive if there is a
    misunderstanding. My point above has nothing to do specifically with the
    'unable to authenticate installer' issue. My point was that legally if you
    distributing the Flash Player on a network, then you need to do so using the
    free distribution license.

    This isn't a fix, it's just general legal guidance from our lawyers and Flash
    Player management. That's what you have to do to get the distribution bits
    legally.

    If you personally have a machine (or a set of machines) experiencing 'Unable
    to authenticate installer' messages then you have an official option of getting
    installation support via the web at http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer.

    Flash Player Engineering has looked at this issue, and we believe the cause of
    the problem is the installation of Flash Player being blocked by proxy servers.
    Unfortunately the only cure at this point is to either disable your proxy or
    use the licensed distribution (although we do hope to discuss this wit the
    browser vendors for a possible better solution).

    If you have this issue and you are 100% certain that you are -not- behind a
    proxy or a firewall that is causing the authentication failure then please open
    a support case.

    BWolfe Guest

  7. #7

    fixed 'unable to authenticate' issue for me too after spending hours and trying many different things. wish I would have found this post sooner. thank

    From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/82_2007_12_0_0_960991/Unable-to-authenticate-installer.ht

    Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Group
    http://www.developmentnow.com
    michael Guest

  8. #8

    >>If you personally have a machine (or a set of machines) experiencing 'Unable
    to authenticate installer' messages then you have an official option of getting
    installation support via the web at http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer.

    Which gets you this page : Sorry, this page is not available

    ConradShull Guest

  9. #9

    Default Unable to authenticate installer

    For some reason I can not complete an update to Flash player 9. I had FP9 but
    wanted to upgrade to latest version. So I uninstalled as recommended but
    cannot install the new verson. A window pops up saying "Unable to authenticate
    installer"?
    Does any one have an idea what the problem is and how to resovle the problem.
    cknbalti

    cknbalti Guest

  10. #10

    try this:

    http://www.rm.com/Support/TechnicalArticle.asp?cref=TEC935822&nav=0&referrer =rss
    some Guest

  11. #11

    From what I read above, the only solutions for those of us behind firewalls and
    a proxy, with the "Unable to authenticate installer" error, is to signup for a
    Free Player License. But how will this work if one can not download the plugin
    from Adobe, surely any other software download from Adobe will experience the
    same problem. If not, then why is the Flash plugin experiencing this problem.
    It would appear to me that this is an information mining exercise by Adobe
    where any company wanting to use the Flash 9 player has to provide information
    about their company ie., e-mail address, Operating systems, number of
    employees, product name etc. Does Microsofts Silverlight player require this
    information? The information Adobe seeks is valuable to Adobe and consequently
    the free Flash player is not free. When it is free all companies, regardless
    what proxy or firewall they are behind, will be able to download a Flash play
    and install it as needed. It would not surprise me if the next version of Adobe
    Reader will come up with "Unable to authenticate installer" when installing.
    After the problem I experience trying to install CS3, I really starting to
    think that Adobe products are becoming less than user friendly. Bring on
    Silverlight.

    1time_account Guest

  12. #12

    If you are having this problem, ensure that the date on your computer was
    correct. I was having this issue, and I believe it was because my local
    machine thought an Adobe certificate was expired, since my date was way
    incorrect. I stumbled across this because I had just built a machine, and
    couldn't activate Windows (said could't reach the activation server, though I
    knew I had perfectly good Internet access) or install Flash. I found an
    article at support.microsoft.com said to make sure my 'time' wasn't way off,
    specifically for the certificate validity issue - fixing the date cleared up
    both the Windows activation problem and the Flash install problem. It is
    perfectly logical that 'authenticating installer' relies on a certificate with
    a limited time window of validity.

    Holy cow. I started typing and I couldn't stop. Brevity went out the window.

    Snobord876 Guest

  13. #13

    I got this message after a fresh reinstall of windows but before i fixed the
    date and time. It was 3 years off making the Certificate expired. Fixed the
    date and time and it installed just fine. Weird how minor that was but caused a
    major problem

    STRESSEDbyPC Guest

  14. #14

    I know this forum goes way back a year or two, but figured I'd still offer a
    solution to future users looking for solution. Issue can be solved in a couple
    ways, one check your date and time to make sure its correct, but the real issue
    is with a users proxy settings. Most people complaining about the installer
    issue are stating they are behind "corporate firewalls." I too am and I
    disabled port 80 thinking that was the issue and it had no affect. I went into
    Tools, Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings and Un-Check the box stating
    Use a proxy server for your LAN. This will resolve most of your issues if not
    all. Hope this helps :smile;

    DollaBillz217 Guest

  15. #15

    wokr for me, thanks DollaBillz217

    Frankferd Guest

  16. #16

    Bently, we have several programs that after an install at a customer base, use
    flash player as the driver for a web interface. If flash is not present, a
    pop-up occurs directing the customer to download flash player from your site.
    Every time we try to do this we get the ""unable to authenticate"" error listed
    in the forum. This is a huge issue, and your telling people in the forum to
    sign up is no help at all. I believe the license agreement for reader says that
    if you include a pdf file in your binaries, you are required to include an
    install for Adobe reader. This works very well. What and or why dont we have
    the same for flash?? Or in fact does this license restrition exist? Please take
    these comments in polite terms, I am just trying to prevent customer friction.
    It isnt us they get angry at when they are ""unable to authenticate"" from
    behind a corporate firewall.

    thanks,
    robert

    rapidad Guest

  17. #17

    A highly frustrating aspect of Flash is that sometimes you think you have
    installed one version, yet you are being told something different on various
    web sites. You need to cross check two things. Most issues relate to Internet
    Explorer, so deal with it there.

    sfdmsy Guest

  18. #18

    I continue to have problems with flash player 9. I again unistalled and
    re-installed it. i am now getting LOTS of script errors that i didn't get. I
    tried to open a suport case with the following:
    http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer, but when I click on it I get
    "this page is not available".
    Why is flash player doing this. I cannot access much of my previous on line
    info as most of it is now requiring the latest flash player.
    This is very frustrating.

    Bettyboophume Guest