Hello

SRIKANTH NS wrote:
> I installed debian woody (3.0 r0)after wiping RH7.3. Machine Celeron
> 900MHz, 128 MB RAM, i815e M/B ( Kobian brand ,16MB shared RAM) already
> having Win98
> and MDK9.1.
>
> Installation went alright. Only X was the problem.
> Error message was that unix fontpath having problem.
> So I commented out the line unixfontpath :7100 in /etc/XF86Config-4
> file.
The line is for the X font server xfs. Do

apt-get install xfs

if you want to use it.
> Again errors, this time mouse goes unrecognised.
> It is a PS2 Logitech Mouse in a PS/2 port.
> It was detected without any problem in the earlier redhat and present
> MDK9.1 and Win98 too.
> Why it is so in debian?
> Can anybody point any workaround to get X ?
Please check your config file and see if the mouse device is set to
/dev/psaux. You can reconfigure XFree with debconf. Type

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

It would be easier to say what exactly the problem is if you gave us more
information. The InputDevice section(s) of your XFree86Config(-4) would
be helpful, as well as information from your XFree log file
(/var/log/XFree86.0.log) regarding the mouse.

best regards
Andreas Janssen

--
Andreas Janssen
[email]andreas.janssenbigfoot.com[/email]