Professional Web Applications Themes

Unable to download trial, download pulled? - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I've tried downloading the Adobe Contribute CS3 trial version for windows for a few days now, and I've already sent a message using the Adobe contact form and talked to their support and sales teams. When I try to download the product, I see a 404 message (for download 'http://www.adobe.com/go/trial_contribute_win_en'). I get an e-mail from Adobe about "making the most of my trial", but the file never starts. I've tried in multiple browsers and reviewed the related support doent (talks mostly about popup blockers and other Adobe products). I was able to download a trial of the Contribute Publishing Server ...

  1. #1

    Default Unable to download trial, download pulled?

    I've tried downloading the Adobe Contribute CS3 trial version for windows for a
    few days now, and I've already sent a message using the Adobe contact form and
    talked to their support and sales teams.

    When I try to download the product, I see a 404 message (for download
    'http://www.adobe.com/go/trial_contribute_win_en'). I get an e-mail from Adobe
    about "making the most of my trial", but the file never starts. I've tried in
    multiple browsers and reviewed the related support doent (talks mostly about
    popup blockers and other Adobe products).

    I was able to download a trial of the Contribute Publishing Server 1.11 for
    Windows (the select box right below it) without any problem and the other
    products in the dropdown boxes appear to download properly.

    I finally got through to the Adobe technical support department (since I'm not
    YET a paying customer for Contribute it was a bit of a hassle) after many
    e-mails and knowledge base articles, and they are telling me that the download
    may have been pulled due to plans to replace Contribute?

    Can anyone suggest how I might actually get a trial of this product?

    brandner Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Unable to download trial, download pulled?

    Quick update for anyone else having the same problem.

    Adobe front line support - Yes, there appears to be a problem. I can't
    help you anymore, and I can't forward you to technical support because you're
    not a paying Contribute customer *reconsider* I'll forward you to technical
    support.

    Technical support - Yes, there appears to be a problem. I think we're
    discontinuing Contribute so we pulled the trial. If you like, I can forward you
    to the Sales team and they can help you get a copy of the trial.

    Sales - No one told us that the product is being discontinued, I think
    it's still available. I can't get to that part of the site but a coworker
    assures me that the download is currently working perfectly. I can't help you
    anymore, but I can forward you to our support team.

    Adobe front line support - Yes, there appears to be a problem. There's
    a problem with our website and I am being told it will take between 24 and 48
    hours to fix. Try then. There is nothing else I can do to help you get a copy
    of the trial.

    I'll try to update in 48 hours. This is a lot of work just to get a trial of a
    product we want to purchase.

    brandner Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Tony,
    I just tried downloading the trial version and I am able to download the same. Can you please try once again?
    -Manoj
    mkgupta Guest

  4. #4

    Yes, it appears that the download is now available. Great!
    brandner Guest