Professional Web Applications Themes

Unable to save username and password in login window. - Windows Networking

This just happened this week. I am unable to SAVE the username and password in XP home dialup window. Thanks and God bless, Dave Warwick [email]davevei.net[/email]...

  1. #1

    Default Unable to save username and password in login window.

    This just happened this week. I am unable to SAVE the username and
    password in XP home dialup window.

    Thanks and God bless,

    Dave Warwick
    [email]davevei.net[/email]

    Dave Warwick Guest

  2. #2

    Is the Protected Storage service running? If not enable it.

    --
    _______________________________________
    Ramesh Srinivasan

    "Dave Warwick" <davevei.net> wrote in message
    This just happened this week. I am unable to SAVE the username and
    password in XP home dialup window.

    Thanks and God bless,

    Dave Warwick
    [email]davevei.net[/email]

    Ramesh Guest

  3. #3

    Just checked, YES, it was running. Thanks. Dave

    Ramesh wrote:
    > Is the Protected Storage service running? If not enable it.
    >
    > --
    > _______________________________________
    > Ramesh Srinivasan
    > eMail: [email]SRamesh2khotmail.com[/email]
    > Aim: SRamesh2k
    > INDIA
    >

    > "Dave Warwick" <davevei.net> wrote in message
    > This just happened this week. I am unable to SAVE the username and
    > password in XP home dialup window.
    >
    > Thanks and God bless,
    >
    > Dave Warwick
    > [email]davevei.net[/email]

    Dave Warwick Guest

  4. #4

    Okay, thank you, Ramesh. You are a blessing. I will print out and
    execute your instructions and report back exactly what happens (it will
    be fixed, of course).

    God bless,

    Dave Warwick
    Sand Springs, Oklahoma

    Dave Warwick Guest

  5. #5

    Okay...executed all the instructions and here is what happened.

    At step 8, I clicked APPLY and after awhile, it reported that I would
    not be allowed to do that.

    Continued without the step being completed, and at step 10, deletintg
    the subkey folder, again, I was not allowed to delete it.

    (Must be the devil).

    Any thoughts, Ramesh?

    Again, be blessed.

    Dave Warwick
    Sand Springs, Oklahoma, USA

    Dave Warwick Guest

  6. #6

    Dave, Does it happen to all the users on the computer?
    If it happens to a single user, try creating a new user and copy the current
    user data to the new profile:

    [url]http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151[/url]

    --
    _______________________________________
    Ramesh Srinivasan

    Dave Warwick wrote:
> [...]
    >> the password. Any errors? or the password is not retained?
    >>
    >> --
    >> _______________________________________
    >> Ramesh Srinivasan
    >> MSWindows OS- Poweruser
    >> eMail: [email]SRamesh2khotmail.com[/email]
    >> Aim: SRamesh2k
    >> INDIA
    >>

    >> "Dave Warwick" <davevei.net> wrote in message
    >> Just checked, YES, it was running. Thanks. Dave
    >>
    >> Ramesh wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is the Protected Storage service running? If not enable it.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> _______________________________________
    >>> Ramesh Srinivasan
    >>> eMail: [email]SRamesh2khotmail.com[/email]
    >>> Aim: SRamesh2k
    >>> INDIA
    >>>

    >>> "Dave Warwick" <davevei.net> wrote in message
    >>> This just happened this week. I am unable to SAVE the username and

    Ramesh \(XP Power User\) Guest

  7. #7

    As said earlier, creating a new user profile and copying the data to that,
    should solve the problem. A final option is repair installation:
    [url]http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/expertzone/tips/dougknox/doug92.asp[/url]

    --
    Ramesh Srinivasan
    eMail: [email]SRamesh2khotmail.com[/email]
    Aim: SRamesh2k
    INDIA

    "Dave Warwick" <davevei.net> wrote in message
    Yes, it happens to ALL the users (I am the only user) on the computer.
    Dave

    Ramesh \(XP Power User\) Guest