Professional Web Applications Themes

Unable to select more than one tool - Adobe Photoshop Mac CS, CS2 & CS3

I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME. I AM UNABLE TO SELECT MORE THAN ONE TOOL IN THE TOOL PALLETTE. THE SUBPALLETES DO NOT COME UP WHEN I CLICK ON THE TOOL. FOR INSTANCE: THE RECTANGLE WILL NOT YIELD TO THE CIRCLE SELECTION. ALL I CAN SELECT IS THE TOP TOOL....

  1. #1

    Default Unable to select more than one tool

    julycold@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Unable to select more than one tool

    First, you need to turn off the CAPS LOCK key.

    Second, the flyout tools only come up when you click and hold on the tool icon.

    Of course, the keyboard shortcuts for switching tools should still work, too.
    Chris_Cox@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Yes I know the flyout tools come up when you click and hold the tool icon.

    The problem is that it doesnt work anymore. Is there a minor setting I might have overlooked?

    thank You
    julycold@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    No, there is no setting for it -- it always works.
    Chris_Cox@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    The first thing to try (always) is trashing your preferences file.

    Other useful things you could let us know: What exact version of the OS and of Photoshop? How much RAM/ How much available disk space?
    Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    I have to wonder, when I see questions like the O/P has posted, why these things have NEVER happened to me?

    What am I doing wrong? Why do I get to miss all the troubleshooting fun?
    Phosphor@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    julycold@adobeforums.com Guest
    Moderated Post

  8. #8

    The only smartass is julycold.

    everyone else has given you sound advice. why anyone would want to help you with your attitude I just don't know.

    I must agree with Phos how come this wierd stuff never happens to me.
    Buko@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Buko
    because you are the king of the smart asses....

    you egotisical sob
    julycold@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    and you wonder why nobody wants to help you.

    you are pathetic.
    Buko@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    are you talking to me buko or your live in boyfriend?
    julycold@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    A cold day in July...
    Allen_Wicks@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    Did you find an answer to your problem? I too am having this problem on adobe master cs6. I can select sub-tools in Photoshop only for some reason.
    ben.a90 Guest