Professional Web Applications Themes

Unable to view imported EPS files in Freehand MX - Macromedia Freehand

Greetings from Japan and apologies for the strange nickname. Software: Freehand MX trial version (English) File: various EPS files supplied by our manufacturer in Germany Problem: cannot view imported EPS files I have been bashing this program about without success since yesterday. I have imported the files as per help using "import". I have moved the files onto the hard disk and unclicked the read only button , but still I get one of those white boxes with a cross in it. The files appear to be embedded but they are not displayed. Any help much appreciated TIA HHSNBN...

  1. #1

    Default Unable to view imported EPS files in Freehand MX

    He who shall not be named webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    PC files have tiff previews, Mac eps files used to have pict
    previews. Try printing the file. If it comes out ok on a
    Postscript printer, you have a mismatch of the preview image for
    your system. Illustrator gives you a selectable file type for the
    eps preview.

    "He who shall not be named" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > Greetings from Japan and apologies for the strange nickname.
    > Software: Freehand MX trial version (English)
    > File: various EPS files supplied by our manufacturer in Germany
    > Problem: cannot view imported EPS files
    >
    > I have been bashing this program about without success since yesterday. I have imported the files as per help using "import". I have moved the files onto the hard disk and unclicked the read only button , but still I get one of those white boxes with a cross in it. The files appear to be embedded but they are not displayed.
    > Any help much appreciated
    > TIA
    > HHSNBN

    David Plank Guest

  3. #3

    PC files have tiff previews, Mac eps files used to have pict
    previews. Try printing the file. If it comes out ok on a
    Postscript printer, you have a mismatch of the preview image for
    your system. Illustrator gives you a selectable file type for the
    eps preview.

    "He who shall not be named" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > Greetings from Japan and apologies for the strange nickname.
    > Software: Freehand MX trial version (English)
    > File: various EPS files supplied by our manufacturer in Germany
    > Problem: cannot view imported EPS files
    >
    > I have been bashing this program about without success since yesterday. I have imported the files as per help using "import". I have moved the files onto the hard disk and unclicked the read only button , but still I get one of those white boxes with a cross in it. The files appear to be embedded but they are not displayed.
    > Any help much appreciated
    > TIA
    > HHSNBN

    David Plank Guest

  4. #4

    He who shall not be named...Ha!!! I know who you are Hastur...Show yourself! I have placed an elder sign upon my monitor and I shall not be affected by your horrific countenance. No David dont help him, its a trick! Outer Gods dont even have computers.

    Or thats what I would say to you if you were a henchman of Cthulhu.

    I hope there are enough mythos junkies out there to even get this.

    Pappy

    Pappy Guest

  5. #5

    David Plank wrote:

    > PC files have tiff previews, Mac eps files used to have pict
    > previews. Try printing the file. If it comes out ok on a
    > Postscript printer, you have a mismatch of the preview image for
    > your system. Illustrator gives you a selectable file type for the
    > eps preview.

    Some EPSFs have no preview at all, but they should still work fine on
    a PostScript printer or when creating a PDF.

    --Odysseus
    Odysseus Guest