Professional Web Applications Themes

Unexpected Client Disconnects - Macromedia Flash Flashcom

We're running into some odd client disconnects with our appication. It seems that after a period of time (usually 30-45 minutes - but it varies) FMS will boot a client for no apparent reason. On server side, application.onDisconnect gets triggered and, the client gets a "NetConnection.Connect.Closed" event. It seems like it usually happens to clients that are behind the same router, but at this point, we're just speculating. The networking stuff in FMS is a complete blackbox so I'm not even sure what to debug. Anyone experienced this? Any workarounds? Any logs I can check to figure out why a ...

  1. #1

    Default Unexpected Client Disconnects

    We're running into some odd client disconnects with our appication. It seems
    that after a period of time (usually 30-45 minutes - but it varies) FMS will
    boot a client for no apparent reason. On server side, application.onDisconnect
    gets triggered and, the client gets a "NetConnection.Connect.Closed" event.

    It seems like it usually happens to clients that are behind the same router,
    but at this point, we're just speculating. The networking stuff in FMS is a
    complete blackbox so I'm not even sure what to debug. Anyone experienced this?
    Any workarounds? Any logs I can check to figure out why a client would get
    booted sometimes?

    We do have FMS ping all clients regularly (to figure out latency) and all
    clients call a remote method on FMS on a set interval - this was a possible
    solution mentioned in some white papers. Clearly, it hasn't helped us.

    DanielKozimor Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Unexpected Client Disconnects

    Here are a couple of things to explore:
    -The application logs should provide you more information
    logs\_defaultVHost_\YOURAPP\...

    -If it is one particular router that is causing the issue it might be network
    related.

    - Try adding debug traces to your application.

    - What version & OS are you running?

    techeye Guest

  3. #3

    [q]
    -The application logs should provide you more information
    logs\_defaultVHost_\YOURAPP\...
    [/q]

    It doesn't help. About the only thing I get from the log is that
    application.onDisconnect is called but thats just an event listener that gets
    called after FMS already decided to kick the client out.

    [q]If it is one particular router that is causing the issue it might be
    network related.[/q]

    At this moment we're speculating this might have something to do with it -
    maybe its random. We noticed this behavior in a few separate instances. We
    would have multiple clients connected to FMS and the client that was booted
    seems to be one of the ones that was behind a router along with another client.
    I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I'm inclined to say its not
    simply network related .. 30mins to 1 hour and we're guaranteed a client is
    booted.

    [q]What version & OS are you running?[/q]

    Windows Server 2003.

    DanielKozimor Guest

  4. #4

    Hi Daniel! We have exactly the same problem in our project. Moreover we've
    noticed that it happens only in internet explorer 7 (in ie6 & firefox it works
    just fine).. Have you found any solution for that issue?

    leetwinski Guest

  5. #5

    I've got what sounds like essentially the same problem. I thought it might be
    my application code, but after rewriting from scratch I'm convinced the problem
    lies elsewhere.

    The server seems to think the connection is lost, but the clients remain
    connected. The users drop off the user list, but they can still receive and
    send data. I feel like this must be related to 'idle' streams being removed
    when they aren't actually idle, and if that's the case there should be a
    configuration that would change this behaviour and give a bit more leeway in
    the connection.

    fizbeam Guest