I had something peculiar happen on my (early 2002) iBook last night. Running
OS 10.2.6, all of a sudden it went to sleep and could not be waked up. I
could not reboot using the usual method. It was completely unresponsive,
with the sleep indicator flashing. Eventually I unplugged the charger and
removed the battery for a minute, reinstalled battery and plugged charger
back in. The sleep indicator was off. Power on, "Bong", and a VERY long
reboot. It never finished the reboot, but after several minutes of chugging,
went "Bong" again and then rebooted in short order.

Does anyone know what happened?

Bill

--
Bill Jefferys/Department of Astronomy/University of Texas/Austin, TX 78712
Email: replace 'warthog' with 'clyde' | Homepage: [url]http://quasar.as.utexas.edu[/url]