Professional Web Applications Themes

'unidentified error' when connecting PHP/MySQL - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

Hello, I've been following the Dreamweaver article instructions for setting up PHP, MySQL and Apache on Mac OS X for Dreamweaver. Everything went well until the time to make the MySQL connection in Dreamweaver--when I click on the select button for the database, I get an error message: "An unidentified error has occured." I'm new at this so it may be that there's an easy answer out there. From searching the web for a solution, it looks like a lot of people are having similar problems with this. I've tried many different solutions from past postings but unfortunately none of ...

  1. #1

    Default 'unidentified error' when connecting PHP/MySQL

    Hello,

    I've been following the Dreamweaver article instructions for setting up PHP,
    MySQL and Apache on Mac OS X for Dreamweaver. Everything went well until the
    time to make the MySQL connection in Dreamweaver--when I click on the select
    button for the database, I get an error message:
    "An unidentified error has occured."

    I'm new at this so it may be that there's an easy answer out there. From
    searching the web for a solution, it looks like a lot of people are having
    similar problems with this. I've tried many different solutions from past
    postings but unfortunately none of them worked for me. I've also read through
    the Dreamweaver Technote #16515 (Unidentified error occurs when testing
    PHP/MySQL connection) and followed the steps there. I got stuck on this step:
    "Verify that the connection scripts are up on the server"
    When I opened up the http:/myserver/mysite/_mmServerScripts/MMHTTPDB.php on
    the webserver, it came up blank. How do I get it to work correctly? Is this
    what's causing the "unidentified error" problem?

    I'm running:
    MAC OS X 10.4.2
    Dreamweaver 6.1
    MySQL 4.0.21
    PHP 5.0.4

    I've been stuck on this problem for 3 days now. I would greatly appreciate
    any help.

    Thanks in advance!
    ami

    amihk Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: 'unidentified error' when connecting PHP/MySQL

    oops, I viewed the wrong MMHTTPDB.php file when verifying the connection
    scripts. I've now opened the correct MMHTTPDB.php file but it did not contain
    the 2 lines:
    "Notice: Undefined index: Type in
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\mysite\_mmServerScripts\MMHTTPD B.php on line 13 "
    "Notice: Undefined variable: oConn in
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\mysite\_mmServerScripts\MMHTTPD B.php on line 20"

    mentioned in the macromedia technote
    ([url]http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_16515[/url]).
    So I'm still totally stuck... help, please, somebody! Thank you.

    amihk Guest

  3. #3

    I am experiencing the same behavior on my end. I have php/mySQL running on the same box locally so their shouldn't be a port issue because the address is localhost.

    My username and password are fine.. but whenever I get a connect, I get this dialog. So annoying, because there is nothing wrong.

    I tried changing my site to Testing Server to see if that would help..Nothing..
    John Drefahl is offline Junior Member
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1