Professional Web Applications Themes

Uninstall photoshop elements 1 on WIndows XP pro - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Hi there bit of a novice user. I installed photoshop elements 1 on my pc with windows xp pro running. However I dont use it much. When i try to uninstall it it completely messes up the start menu items when i click the start button at the bottom left. Extra folders appear, programs dissapear off my program directory etc. Has anyone had this problem before or know how to deal with it please? many thanks Aroon...

  1. #1

    Default Uninstall photoshop elements 1 on WIndows XP pro

    Aroon_Dhoot@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Aroon,

    If you properly uninstalled Elemnts using Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, then there should have been NO effect to anything except the properly chosen program being uninstalled. To use this, however on XP Pro, YOU must be logged in as the System Administrator or user with full Administrative Rights. Do you know if you are the Administrator or have the Rights?

    Bob
    BobHill@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Hallo bob
    thanks for the reply.
    yes i am logged in as the administrator - it is my home pc so i am the only one who uses it - do you know how i can double check this though? Its very strange - i have removed other programs that i was not using and they uninstalled fine. But when I used control panel to remove this it seems to change the menu on the start button and expand into a lot of things that dont seem to make sense to me - eg it suddenly has a java menu, some of the programs dissapear from the program menu etc. Im not sure how to stop this fropm happening.
    cheers

  4. #4

    Aroon,

    I'm a bit suspicious that you have other problems with your computer than doing an uninstall. That SHOULD NOT have any effect on your start button what-so-ever and I've never heard of such. Are you perhaps running Norton Utilities and/or Virus Scan? Was it current and active when you installed Elements? Did you have it running when you did the uninstall? Although that often causes many problems with some programs (particularly Adobe programs). And, of course, you HAVE checked to see if you have a virus?

  5. #5

    Hallo Bob

    Ive checked I am the administrator and also tht there are no viruses. I can see what it is doing now.

    Before i uninstall photpshop elements, my start menu refers to whatever is under c/doents and settings/aroon/start menu (which in this case is just a "programs" folder). However after I uninstall it it now just refers to c/doents and settings/aroon. In this folder "aroon" is all the subfolders that suddenly appear on my start menu - eg "cookies", "desktop", "user data" etc.

    Im not sure how to get it to refer back to aroon/start menu rather than just aroon?

    Its a very strange problem but the uninstallation must be guiding windows to look into the wrong folder for my start menu.

  6. #6

    Aroon,

    A normal install or uninstall does not effect your Start Menu in any way. You even have to place a program start icon into the Start Menu. I'd look to what you have in your StartMenu Folder.