Professional Web Applications Themes

UnixWare Reviewed: It s. - SCO

From the article: "Looking over the OSes we've been talking about in this article, there are a few things that stand out. The first is that SCO's UnixWare and OpenServer are underpowered, overpriced, and lacking in scalability and security. Furthermore the company is highly unstable, having gone through a long period of financial loss before deciding to blackmail corporate GNU/Linux users with legal threats backed by invisible and baseless claims. To add to it all, SCO refused to respond to any of my queries about product features, leading me to believe that most of their information is mindless propaganda. In ...

  1. #1

    Default UnixWare Reviewed: It s.

    From the article:

    "Looking over the OSes we've been talking about in this article, there
    are a few things that stand out. The first is that SCO's UnixWare and
    OpenServer are underpowered, overpriced, and lacking in scalability
    and security. Furthermore the company is highly unstable, having gone
    through a long period of financial loss before deciding to blackmail
    corporate GNU/Linux users with legal threats backed by invisible and
    baseless claims. To add to it all, SCO refused to respond to any of my
    queries about product features, leading me to believe that most of
    their information is mindless propaganda. In short, the company
    stinks, their products stink, and you'd be insane to buy one of their
    operating systems for any environment, let alone a corporation with
    sensitive and important data. SCO may be the "true" Unix, but it's
    also the weakest."

    [url]http://www.thejemreport.com/articles/sco.htm[/url]
    walterbyrd Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: UnixWare Reviewed: It s.

    walterbyrd <walter_byrdsystem-savers.com> wrote:
    >From the article:
    >"Looking over the OSes we've been talking about in this article, there
    >are a few things that stand out. The first is that SCO's UnixWare and
    >OpenServer are underpowered, overpriced, and lacking in scalability
    >and security. Furthermore the company is highly unstable, having gone
    >through a long period of financial loss before deciding to blackmail
    >corporate GNU/Linux users with legal threats backed by invisible and
    >baseless claims. To add to it all, SCO refused to respond to any of my
    >queries about product features, leading me to believe that most of
    >their information is mindless propaganda. In short, the company
    >stinks, their products stink, and you'd be insane to buy one of their
    >operating systems for any environment, let alone a corporation with
    >sensitive and important data. SCO may be the "true" Unix, but it's
    >also the weakest."

    Stupid article, because it neglects the most important point: application
    support. The author likes BSD and Sun. So do I, but if the app doesn't
    work..
    tony@aplawrence.com Guest