Professional Web Applications Themes

Unwanted mail from Sun? - Sun Solaris

Hi, does anyone knows how to get removed from Sun's marketing mailing lists (both snail and email)? I keep getting tripple copies of everything Sun decides to market and the latest one, concerning SunPlex comes from an address like "Sun Microsystems <com>" which certainly looks non-Sun to me (but it is a valid Sun/Solaris/Sun Cluster related mail, not some virus we have been seeing lately) and removal instructions are by clicking on some obscure link: http://66.38.189.161/maestro/uns/1705552421/3/21939/28650857/EN/email/ ... (the rest of URL deleted). I have called Sun twice by phone to remove me to no avail and I doubt that sending ...

  1. #1

    Default Unwanted mail from Sun?

    Hi,

    does anyone knows how to get removed from Sun's marketing mailing lists
    (both snail and email)? I keep getting tripple copies of everything Sun
    decides to market and the latest one, concerning SunPlex comes from an
    address like

    "Sun Microsystems <com>"

    which certainly looks non-Sun to me (but it is a valid Sun/Solaris/Sun
    Cluster related mail, not some virus we have been seeing lately) and
    removal instructions are by clicking on some obscure link:

    http://66.38.189.161/maestro/uns/1705552421/3/21939/28650857/EN/email/ ...

    (the rest of URL deleted).

    I have called Sun twice by phone to remove me to no avail and I doubt that
    sending an email to privacy as mentioned in the mail would bring any
    change.

    And http://www2.kinumok.com/en/index.asp give some blurb about "Deploy
    email campaigns with ease". Ugh.

    There, now I feel better.

    Bye, Dragan

    --
    Dragan Cvetkovic,

    Dragan Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Unwanted mail from Sun?

    In article <net>,
    Dragan Cvetkovic <net> wrote:

    Looks like spam to me. I assume it resembles this NANAS report:
    <URL:http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=E18j5a2-0003gr-00%40mail.trelane.net>
    I suggest you forward it to com and ask them to either
    determine why some loser Sun sales droid is contracting out bulk mail or
    to task Sun's land sharks to knock on this spammers door.

    John
    org
    John Guest

  3. #3

    "Dragan Cvetkovic" <net> wrote:

    Are you sure that this isn't yet another dubious reseller
    who uses spam as his favourite advertising method?

    Thomas
    Thomas Guest

  4. #4

    "Thomas Dehn" <de> writes:

    > Are you sure that this isn't yet another dubious reseller
    > who uses spam as his favourite advertising method?
    >[/ref]

    Thomas, this mail I have received was about SunPlex and Sun Cluster
    advantages (I attended Sun Cluster course some time ago) and the previous
    one (a month or two ago) was about Sun's conference and web broadcasting of
    Scott's (sp?) opening speech. So, it seems that the mail doesn't try to
    sell me anything (at least not directly) and looks more like Sun (or
    someone in Sun) is employing some (dubious) marketing agencies to
    distribute their mail.

    If the mails were coming directly from Sun I wouldn't mind (that much) but
    since kinumok.com seem to be some marketing agency (according to their web
    site), it probably means that email address(es) I have given Sun in the
    last couple of years (yes, I have received the same mail to all of them)
    now belong to kinumok and they will most probably use it for their other
    campaigns, whatever they might be (like computer embroidery spam mailing I
    have been receiving for some time now).

    Unfortunately, I have deleted that mail, so I can't do much about it
    now. Will know better next time.

    Come on Sun, hit me again! :-)

    Thanks to Tony and John as well for their advices.

    Bye, Dragan

    --
    Dragan Cvetkovic,

    Dragan Guest

  5. #5

    Dragan Cvetkovic <net> writes:
     [/ref][/ref]

    [snip]

    > Thomas, this mail I have received was about SunPlex and Sun Cluster
    > advantages (I attended Sun Cluster course some time ago) and the previous
    > one (a month or two ago) was about Sun's conference and web broadcasting of
    > Scott's (sp?) opening speech. So, it seems that the mail doesn't try to
    > sell me anything (at least not directly) and looks more like Sun (or
    > someone in Sun) is employing some (dubious) marketing agencies to
    > distribute their mail.[/ref]

    [snip]

    OK, I have managed to find this email in Trash box of my lycos.com email
    account so I have sent it to privacy AT (and advised in that email) and to
    postmaster AT (as advised by John) sun.com, so let's see what will happen (if
    anything).

    To be fair to Sun, non-IP links show www2.kinumok.com/sun/toronto/ as part
    of the path, so the problem could be with Sun Canada here in Markham,
    ON. Still, Sun Microsystems is a global company.

    Bye, Dragan

    --
    Dragan Cvetkovic,

    Dragan Guest

  6. #6

    In article <net>,
    Dragan Cvetkovic <net> wrote:

    Forward the next message to Mark Tolliver and ask him why Sun doesn't
    have a corporate policy forbidding the outsourcing of email marketing
    campaigns.

    John
    org
    John Guest

  7. #7

    psu.edu (John D Groenveld) writes:

    > Forward the next message to Mark Tolliver and ask him why Sun doesn't
    > have a corporate policy forbidding the outsourcing of email marketing
    > campaigns.
    >
    > John
    > org[/ref]

    Thanks John, will try to remember next time.

    Bye, Dragan

    --
    Dragan Cvetkovic,

    Dragan Guest