[allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => kdogg webforumsuser@macromedia.com [ip] => "kdogg" webforu [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 9 [islastshown] => 1 [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> unwanted space from drop-down boxes and forms - Macromedia Dreamweaver

unwanted space from drop-down boxes and forms - Macromedia Dreamweaver

i've got two drop down boxes in seperate forms in one table but seperate table rows. when i view them in DWMX everything is fine. i have no "<br>"or any kind of spacing around the boxes. but when i upload and view in a browser it looks as if i have 2 line breaks under each drop down box. i can't figure out why this is happening. the 2 drop down boxes have to fit in a tight space, so this is very unacceptable!!!! anybody know why this happens and/or a fix?????? i've included a sample url...[url]http://www.fhu.edu/dd.asp[/url] thanks, kelly Referring ...

  1. #1

    Default unwanted space from drop-down boxes and forms

    i've got two drop down boxes in seperate forms in one table but seperate table rows. when i view them in DWMX everything is fine. i have no "<br>"or any kind of spacing around the boxes. but when i upload and view in a browser it looks as if i have 2 line breaks under each drop down box. i can't figure out why this is happening. the 2 drop down boxes have to fit in a tight space, so this is very unacceptable!!!!

    anybody know why this happens and/or a fix??????
    i've included a sample url...[url]http://www.fhu.edu/dd.asp[/url]

    thanks,
    kelly

    Referring URLs
    [url]http://www.fhu.edu/dd.asp[/url]

    kdogg webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: unwanted space from drop-down boxes and forms

    Kelly:

    Use CSS to control the margins on those form elements.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "kdogg" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > i've got two drop down boxes in seperate forms in one table but seperate
    table rows. when i view them in DWMX everything is fine. i have no "<br>"or
    any kind of spacing around the boxes. but when i upload and view in a
    browser it looks as if i have 2 line breaks under each drop down box. i
    can't figure out why this is happening. the 2 drop down boxes have to fit in
    a tight space, so this is very unacceptable!!!!

    > anybody know why this happens and/or a fix??????
    > i've included a sample url...[url]http://www.fhu.edu/dd.asp[/url]
    >
    > thanks,
    > kelly
    >

    > Referring URLs
    > [url]http://www.fhu.edu/dd.asp[/url]

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    This happens to me as well - does it have something to do with the form tag?
    --

    "kdogg" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > i've got two drop down boxes in seperate forms in one table but seperate
    table rows. when i view them in DWMX everything is fine. i have no "<br>"or
    any kind of spacing around the boxes. but when i upload and view in a
    browser it looks as if i have 2 line breaks under each drop down box. i
    can't figure out why this is happening. the 2 drop down boxes have to fit in
    a tight space, so this is very unacceptable!!!!

    > anybody know why this happens and/or a fix??????
    > i've included a sample url...[url]http://www.fhu.edu/dd.asp[/url]
    >
    > thanks,
    > kelly
    >

    > Referring URLs
    > [url]http://www.fhu.edu/dd.asp[/url]

    Tim L Guest

  4. #4

    Jordan:

    It would be better to use a stylesheet than an inline style, but I think you
    are right on target. Using a stylesheet would allow you to do something
    more comprehensive like -

    table form, table input { margin:0; }

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

  5. #5

    Murray:

    How would I set up that CSS style in DW exactly?

  6. #6

    Tim:

    Create a new CSS style. Select the CSS Selector radio button. Enter "table
    form, table input" in the field. click OK. Use the Box Category to specify
    the margins.

    Does that work for you?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

  7. #7

    Sure does - Thanks!
    --
    | Tim:
    |
    | Create a new CSS style. Select the CSS Selector radio button. Enter
    "table
    | form, table input" in the field. click OK. Use the Box Category to
    specify
    | the margins.
    |
    | Does that work for you?
    |
    | --
    | Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    | Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX
    | (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
    | ==================
    | [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] - THE BEST WAY TO GET
    | ANSWERS
    | ==================
    | [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage!
    | [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    | [url]http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    | [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
    | ==================
    |
    | "Tim L" <tj_NOSPAMlangfordhotmail.com> wrote in message
    | > Murray:
    | >
    | > How would I set up that CSS style in DW exactly?
    | >
    | > --
    | > "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote in message
    | > | Jordan:
    | > |
    | > | It would be better to use a stylesheet than an inline style, but I
    think
    | > you
    | > | are right on target. Using a stylesheet would allow you to do
    something
    | > | more comprehensive like -
    | > |
    | > | table form, table input { margin:0; }
    | > |
    | > | --
    | > | Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    | > | Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX
    | > | (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
    | > | ==================
    | > | [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] - THE BEST WAY TO
    | GET
    | > | ANSWERS
    | > | ==================
    | > | [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage!
    | > | [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    | > | [url]http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    | > | [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
    | > | ==================
    | > |

  8. #8

    Tim:

    You're welcome!

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    > Sure does - Thanks!
    > --
    > "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote in message
    > | Tim:
    > |
    > | Create a new CSS style. Select the CSS Selector radio button. Enter
    > "table
    > | form, table input" in the field. click OK. Use the Box Category to
    > specify
    > | the margins.
    > |
    > | Does that work for you?
    > |
    > | --
    > | Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    > | Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX
    > | (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
    > | ==================
    > | [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] - THE BEST WAY TO
    GET
    > | ANSWERS
    > | ==================
    > | [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage!
    > | [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > | [url]http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > | [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
    > | ==================
    > |
    > | "Tim L" <tj_NOSPAMlangfordhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > | > Murray:
    > | >
    > | > How would I set up that CSS style in DW exactly?
    > | >
    > | > --
    > | > "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote in message
    > | > |
    > think
    > | > you
    > something
    > | > |
    > | > |
    > | GET
    Technotes
    > | > |
    > | this
    > | see
    > | > if

    > | > seperate
    > box.
    > | > fit

    > | > |
    > | > |

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  9. #9

    you would think that css would have been the logical answer for me...but it's never even dawned on my to use css on form tags! doh! great suggestions...

    thank you,(murray and jordan)
    -kelly

    tim, this is what i used:

    <!--