I have an ASP VB-script application that updates a table in an My SQL
database.

The update statement which I'm trying to execute, sometimes updates a text
field with a string value that can be as large as 16 kb. The problem is, at
this operation causes the webserver to time out because the database simply
doesn't respond fast enough. It doesn't cause problems with smaller amounts
of data.

When I try to excecute the same DB operation from my PHPMYADMIN web
interface, it doesn't even take milliseconds.

What am I doing wrong?

A code example follows:

Opendatabase
sql="INSERT INTO Articles (ArtikelHeader, Content, Summary) VALUES ('" & v1
db.execute(sql)
Closedatabase