Professional Web Applications Themes

update library items - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I've gone through earlier posts and the only fix I can find for a slow to molasses (ends up not responding) issue with trying to update a library item is to recreate site cache. which I did. My site at this point is small, five pages, and it still crashes dwmx. I've not read anywhere how to fix this, or if there is a fix. The site will grow to25 pages. Should I just live with this bug, and wait and leave all my library item changes to the very last thing then go to lunch, take a nap, come ...

  1. #1

    Default update library items

    I've gone through earlier posts and the only fix I can find for a slow to
    molasses (ends up not responding) issue with trying to update a library item
    is to recreate site cache. which I did. My site at this point is small, five
    pages, and it still crashes dwmx. I've not read anywhere how to fix this, or
    if there is a fix. The site will grow to25 pages. Should I just live with
    this bug, and wait and leave all my library item changes to the very last
    thing then go to lunch, take a nap, come back and hope that it worked?

    Thing is, library items used to work beautifully on the last version of dw.
    Are library items only really compatible with static sites, and once you try
    to add some dynamic items library items don't work? which is my experience.

    thank you for any help

    Louise

    Louise Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: update library items

    Louise:

    What dynamic items are you trying to add? And what do your Library Items
    contain otherwise?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Louise" <LouiseKennedyNOSPAMNOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
    > I've gone through earlier posts and the only fix I can find for a slow to
    > molasses (ends up not responding) issue with trying to update a library
    item
    > is to recreate site cache. which I did. My site at this point is small,
    five
    > pages, and it still crashes dwmx. I've not read anywhere how to fix this,
    or
    > if there is a fix. The site will grow to25 pages. Should I just live with
    > this bug, and wait and leave all my library item changes to the very last
    > thing then go to lunch, take a nap, come back and hope that it worked?
    >
    > Thing is, library items used to work beautifully on the last version of
    dw.
    > Are library items only really compatible with static sites, and once you
    try
    > to add some dynamic items library items don't work? which is my
    experience.

    > thank you for any help
    >
    > Louise

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    this is in my library file. Dynamic items...just drop downs. Nothing fancy.
    Some javascript is all.

    bgcolor="#E6E6F2">
    href="http://www.bettertogether.org"><br>
    Bettertogether.org</a> is an initiative of the<a
    href="http://www.ksg.harvard.edu/saguaro/index.html"> Saguaro
    Seminar on Civic Engagement in America</a> <br>
    at <a href="http://www.ksg.harvard.edu/">Harvard University's Kennedy School
    of Government</a>. <br>
    c/o The Saguaro Seminar, Harvard Kennedy School of Government<br>
    79 JFK Street, Cambridge, MA 02138 Phone: 617-617 495 1148 FAX:
    617-495-1589</p> home |
    book | report | what you can do | Saguaro Seminar | Contact Us | Email
    us | Site
    Map<br>

    "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote in message
    > Louise:
    >
    > What dynamic items are you trying to add? And what do your Library Items
    > contain otherwise?
    >
    > --
    > Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX
    > (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
    > ==================
    > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] - THE BEST WAY TO GET
    > ANSWERS
    > ==================
    > [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage!
    > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > [url]http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
    > ==================
    >
    > "Louise" <LouiseKennedyNOSPAMNOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
    > > I've gone through earlier posts and the only fix I can find for a slow
    > > molasses (ends up not responding) issue with trying to update a library
    > item
    > > is to recreate site cache. which I did. My site at this point is small,
    > five
    > > pages, and it still crashes dwmx. I've not read anywhere how to fix
    this,
    > or
    > > if there is a fix. The site will grow to25 pages. Should I just live
    with
    > > this bug, and wait and leave all my library item changes to the very
    last
    > > thing then go to lunch, take a nap, come back and hope that it worked?
    > >
    > > Thing is, library items used to work beautifully on the last version of
    > dw.
    > > Are library items only really compatible with static sites, and once you
    > try
    > > to add some dynamic items library items don't work? which is my
    > experience.
    > >
    > > thank you for any help
    > >
    > > Louise

    Louise Guest

  4. #4

    Louise:

    I certainly don't see anything untoward there. I don't see any dynamic
    stuff either - did you leave it out?

    You wanna zip the site and send it to me?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

> [...]
    small,
    > > five
    > > > pages, and it still crashes dwmx. I've not read anywhere how to fix
    > this,
    > > or
    > > > if there is a fix. The site will grow to25 pages. Should I just live
    > with
    > > > this bug, and wait and leave all my library item changes to the very
    > last
    > > > thing then go to lunch, take a nap, come back and hope that it worked?
    > > >
    > > > Thing is, library items used to work beautifully on the last version
    of
    > > dw.
    > > > Are library items only really compatible with static sites, and once
    you
    > > try
    > > > to add some dynamic items library items don't work? which is my

    Murray *TMM* Guest