Professional Web Applications Themes

Update record inside a repeat region - Dreamweaver AppDev

Hello All, I created an update record that I converted to a horizontal line and added a repeat region into it. The page actually load up showing all the update record at one time, the problem is when I try to update a single record and click the update button the page crashes. When I remove the repeat region and run the application and click the update button it works fine. What I'm thinking is that when I add the repeat region to my update record it tries to update the entire record set. Does anyone know what is going ...

  1. #1

    Default Update record inside a repeat region

    Hello All,

    I created an update record that I converted to a horizontal line and added a
    repeat region into it. The page actually load up showing all the update record
    at one time, the problem is when I try to update a single record and click the
    update button the page crashes. When I remove the repeat region and run the
    application and click the update button it works fine. What I'm thinking is
    that when I add the repeat region to my update record it tries to update the
    entire record set. Does anyone know what is going on? Please help. Thanks.

    Important info:

    langauge: ASP
    Windows: 2000 professional
    Browser: IE

    Mike1500 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Update record inside a repeat region

    The update record behavior is only designed to update one record at a time.
    It's crashing cause it doesn't know what record you are trying to update.

    --
    Nancy Gill
    Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX/UltraDev

    "Mike1500" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hello All,
    >
    > I created an update record that I converted to a horizontal line and
    added a
    > repeat region into it. The page actually load up showing all the update
    record
    > at one time, the problem is when I try to update a single record and click
    the
    > update button the page crashes. When I remove the repeat region and run
    the
    > application and click the update button it works fine. What I'm thinking
    is
    > that when I add the repeat region to my update record it tries to update
    the
    > entire record set. Does anyone know what is going on? Please help. Thanks.
    >
    > Important info:
    >
    > langauge: ASP
    > Windows: 2000 professional
    > Browser: IE

    Nancy Gill Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks for the reply Nancy Gill.
    Mike1500 Guest

  4. #4

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1500 View Post
    Hello All,

    I created an update record that I converted to a horizontal line and added a
    repeat region into it. The page actually load up showing all the update record
    at one time, the problem is when I try to update a single record and click the
    update button the page crashes. When I remove the repeat region and run the
    application and click the update button it works fine. What I'm thinking is
    that when I add the repeat region to my update record it tries to update the
    entire record set. Does anyone know what is going on? Please help. Thanks.

    Important info:

    langauge: ASP
    Windows: 2000 professional
    Browser: IE

    please in database auto increment field is not recemend so auto increment un mark and then try, your solution is being done. thanks. please email me if you successfull
    irshad074@hotmail.com Guest