Professional Web Applications Themes

Upgrade program on new CS suite? - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

My company just purchased the Web Collection (PS 7.0 Acrobat 6.0, etc.)right before the CS suite was announced. Does anyone know if there is any kind of upgrade program? Macromedia is offering free upgrades if you purchased the MX studio within 60(?) days of the new release, but I don't see anything about Adobe....

  1. #1

    Default Upgrade program on new CS suite?

    mike_piper@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Upgrade program on new CS suite?

    Technically, you are not eligible for the free upgrade, but a call to
    Adobe customer service might get you one.

    Bob

    Robert_Levine@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Adobe's offer is just about as good as Macromedia's. They announced in early October and the release is late November, so it will be nearly 60 days.

    You should call Adobe though. Some who were close to the announcement were promised upgrades. Some further away were not. Apparently there is an internally known cutoff date in advance of the announcement date.
    Don_McCahill@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    hmmm... been thinking. as you apparently get to keep the licenses for your older products (i have ps7 - 6 full, edu - and ill. 8). i'm starting to consider the suite as in the future i'll still be able to use the ps 7 and ill 8 licenses to do individual upgrades. is that correct?

    i'd like to try the other apps in the suite, and as i have no HUGE need for them, whatever versions they ship with will probably do me fine for a while.

    I will still want to upgrade ps standalone (of course) and maybe ill occasionally. will i be ok doing this if i get a suite? or will it negate my previous ill and ps licenses locking me into the suite package?

    I just want to be sure before I shell out for the suite. as i'll be upgrading ill and ps anyway (total $340) it's not so far a stretch to get the standard suite and check out indesign ($549), or premium w/indesign, golive (really want this one) and acrobat for $749.

    also does anyone know if the 200+ included fonts come with the standard suite too, or just the premium suite?

    thanks, dave
    dave_milbut@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Carol came up with the idea of using the old licenses for individual upgrades ... I tend to agree with her. Adobe is not going to mess with users who have had a program through a few versions, and imagine the hassles of trying to compare old and new serial numbers to ensure that people have to suite-upgrade.

    That said, no one from Adobe has said what will happen (officially).

    As for the fonts, I don't know. I am just hoping I will get them when I get the educational version. In the past they have shorted ed licenses on extras.
    Don_McCahill@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    can anyone official comment on my questions in post #3?

    (thanks for the response don. I just want to be sure before plunking down 500+ gallions!)
    dave_milbut@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    > As for the fonts, I don't know. I am just hoping I will get them when I get the educational version.

    According to Thomas Phinney's post on the ID Blueworld list you will get
    the fonts with the educational version.

  8. #8

    Doesn't Adobe have a 30 money back guarantee? If so, return it and wait.
    dpick@adobeforums.com Guest