I just upgraded my system to Redhat 8 and Evolution 1.4 and now cannot
use evolution. When I start Evolution I get the following error
message

Cannot activate component
OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Addressbook_ShellComponent :
The error from the activation system is:
g_module_open of `/usr/lib/evolution/1.4/components/libevolution-addressbook.so'
failed with `libssl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory'

Evolution will finish loading but then I cannot access my contacts.
If I try to create a new message, or reply to an existing one I get
the following.

"Could not create composer window:
Unable to activate address selector control.

The error from the activation system is:
g_module_open of `/usr/lib/evolution/1.4/components/libevolution-addressbook.so'
failed with `libssl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory'"

When I checked the above mentioned directory the
libevolution-addressbook.so does exist, and does contain data.

I have tried searching the google groups, and the Ximian website but
cannot find any decent hits.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?