Professional Web Applications Themes

Upgraded php, lost php file association - PHP Development

Hi, I just upgraded my php but ran into a problem. Never seen this before. Somehow it seems I lost php file association. When I do a [url]http://localhost/something.php[/url] I get a prompt for dowload of a file. I went to folder options, and changed file associations so that ".php" is associated with php interpreter, but still get the same problem. I am missing someting obvious. Can someone help. Thanks. -- [url]http://www.dbForumz.com/[/url] This article was posted by author's request Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards Topic URL: [url]http://www.dbForumz.com/PHP-Upgraded-lost-file-association-ftopict138694.html[/url] Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: [url]http://www.dbForumz.com/eform.php?p=463590[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default Upgraded php, lost php file association

    --
    [url]http://www.dbForumz.com/[/url] This article was posted by author's request
    Topic URL: [url]http://www.dbForumz.com/PHP-Upgraded-lost-file-association-ftopict138694.html[/url]
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: [url]http://www.dbForumz.com/eform.php?p=463590[/url]
    steve Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Upgraded php, lost php file association

    This is more to do with the file associations used by your web server.
    For instance, IIS/PWS needs to know that PHP is used for processing
    requests for .php urls, and this is stored independently of file/folder
    associations in Windows. Similarly for Apache, there is a configuration
    option to specify how to handle a request for .php file. I suspect you
    use IIS/PWS, and most likely you should check the special instructions
    regarding PHP installation for use with IIS/PWS.

    ---
    Steve

    Steve Guest

  3. #3

    Upgraded PHP from what version to what version? What OS? What webserver?

    The fact that your web server (Apache, I presume) is trying to download your
    ..php files instead of interpreting them points to an Apache problem, not a
    file association problem in Windows (I assume).

    You must check your Apache httpd.conf file and check that the 'LoadModule'
    entry is pointing to the right place.

    For php 4 I use LoadModule php4_module f:/php4/sapi/php4apache2.dll

    For php 5 I use LoadModule php5_module f:/php5/php5apache2.dll

    HTH.

    --
    Tony Marston

    [url]http://www.tonymarston.net[/url]

    "steve" <UseLinkToEmaildbForumz.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I just upgraded my php but ran into a problem. Never seen this
    > before.
    >
    > Somehow it seems I lost php file association. When I do a
    > [url]http://localhost/something.php[/url] I get a prompt for dowload of a file.
    > I went to folder options, and changed file associations so that
    > ".php" is associated with php interpreter, but still get the same
    > problem.
    >
    > I am missing someting obvious. Can someone help. Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > [url]http://www.dbForumz.com/[/url] This article was posted by author's request
    > Topic URL:
    > [url]http://www.dbForumz.com/PHP-Upgraded-lost-file-association-ftopict138694.html[/url]
    > [url]http://www.dbForumz.com/eform.php?p=463590[/url]

    Tony Marston Guest

  4. #4

    "steve" wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I just upgraded my php but ran into a problem. Never seen this
    > before.
    >
    > Somehow it seems I lost php file association. When I do a
    > [url]http://localhost/something.php[/url] I get a prompt for dowload of a file.
    > I went to folder options, and changed file associations so that
    > ".php" is associated with php interpreter, but still get the same
    > problem.
    >
    > I am missing someting obvious. Can someone help. Thanks.
    Problem solved. Uninstalled everything, and did a fresh install.
    Everything is ok now.

    --
    [url]http://www.dbForumz.com/[/url] This article was posted by author's request
    Topic URL: [url]http://www.dbForumz.com/PHP-Upgraded-lost-file-association-ftopict138694.html[/url]
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: [url]http://www.dbForumz.com/eform.php?p=463685[/url]
    steve Guest

  5. #5

    steve wrote:
    > "steve" wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > I just upgraded my php but ran into a problem. Never seen this
    > > before.
    > >
    > > Somehow it seems I lost php file association. When I do a
    > > [url]http://localhost/something.php[/url] I get a prompt for dowload of a file.
    > > I went to folder options, and changed file associations so that
    > > ".php" is associated with php interpreter, but still get the same
    > > problem.
    > >
    > > I am missing someting obvious. Can someone help. Thanks.
    >
    > Problem solved. Uninstalled everything, and did a fresh install.
    > Everything is ok now.

    good good
    i guess i am not so sure that problems can be solved but
    glad everything is ok now
    Kristopher K. Kruger Guest