Professional Web Applications Themes

Upload files to site, upload info to SQL? - PHP Development

I want to create a _SECURE_ interface from an html form that allows certain people within my company to upload files into a predetermined directory on the server, while simultaneously having fields with information (title, author, etc) that allow them to update the SQL dbase. We already have a SQL dbase, and I programmed a search feature that allows users to query the dbase to search for doents. Currently, everyone in the company sends me their doents for upload, along with the info they want in the database. I want to increase the usefulness of the site by allowing them ...

  1. #1

    Default Upload files to site, upload info to SQL?

    I want to create a _SECURE_ interface from an html form that allows certain
    people within my company to upload files into a predetermined directory on
    the server, while simultaneously having fields with information (title,
    author, etc) that allow them to update the SQL dbase. We already have a SQL
    dbase, and I programmed a search feature that allows users to query the
    dbase to search for doents. Currently, everyone in the company sends me
    their doents for upload, along with the info they want in the database. I
    want to increase the usefulness of the site by allowing them to enter their
    own information into the database and upload their own files whenever they
    want to. But I have to make it simple because most people working here are
    not internet savvy.

    Any ideas?

    Lurk Master Flex Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Upload files to site, upload info to SQL?

    "Lurk Master Flex" a écrit le 26/11/2003 :
    > I want to create a _SECURE_ interface from an html form that allows certain
    > people within my company to upload files into a predetermined directory on
    > the server, while simultaneously having fields with information (title,
    > author, etc) that allow them to update the SQL dbase. We already have a SQL
    > dbase, and I programmed a search feature that allows users to query the
    > dbase to search for doents. Currently, everyone in the company sends me
    > their doents for upload, along with the info they want in the database. I
    > want to increase the usefulness of the site by allowing them to enter their
    > own information into the database and upload their own files whenever they
    > want to. But I have to make it simple because most people working here are
    > not internet savvy.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    Use sessions and encrypted password to give access to an HTML form with
    an upload field and the data you want your users to insert.
    To a check on the values entered, then import the file and update your
    DB.
    Where is your problem? Any code written yet?

    Jedi121 Guest