Professional Web Applications Themes

URGENT !! missing font, 0 count, can't find or replace font - Adobe Indesign Windows

Hello all, I have a doent that I created using Indesign CS ME(Middle Eastern Version). When I open the doent on another computer that has Indesign CS English version I see fonts missing from the doent(font name is Winsoft, which is mostly used to type in Arabic). I cannot replace the font, I cannot find the font because it has 0 counts. If I give the customer this file, he might complain of the "missing fonts" message. How can I get rid of this font? I made a preflight and its report mentions: 5 fonts used; 0 missing; 0 embedded; ...

  1. #1

    Default URGENT !! missing font, 0 count, can't find or replace font

    Hello all,
    I have a doent that I created using Indesign CS ME(Middle Eastern Version). When I open the doent on another computer that has Indesign CS English version I see fonts missing from the doent(font name is Winsoft, which is mostly used to type in Arabic). I cannot replace the font, I cannot find the font because it has 0 counts.
    If I give the customer this file, he might complain of the "missing fonts" message. How can I get rid of this font? I made a preflight and its report mentions:
    5 fonts used; 0 missing; 0 embedded; 0 incomplete; 0 protected
    Please help, I have a tight deadline.

    Laith Ibrahim
    Laith_Ibrahim@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    The font might be used in a style. Above that, for automatic replacement reasons, some Arabic fonts are always 'used', even if they are not really used.

    There are two ways to remove them:

    1. The easy way: in the Find Font Dialog, choose at Replace With the font most used in the doent and choose Change All. In the English version with normal doents this works.
    2. A bit harder: be sure the IE version is updated to build 838 (choose Help > About with Ctrl pressed to get the build number). Export to INX and load the INX file.

    Teus
    Teus_de_Jong@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Teus,
    Thank you for your reply. I did try to replace the font most used in the doent but nothing happens. Your second suggestion is worth a try. I didn't know that IE version can cause all that trouble in Indesign CS ME.
    I did find a way to fix the file. It was a little bit long. I opened the file in InDesign CS2, there were no missing fonts showing!, saved as INX and opened the INX file again in InDesign CS on my computer and it didn't open. I opened it on another computer that was successful with INX files and it worked. I checked the file and everything seems to be in place except the images. The client didn't give me the "images" folder so I had to cut and paste from the old InDesign file.
    Long procedure, isn't it?
    Teus, thanks again I will try updating IE.
    Best regards,

  4. #4

    The client didn't give me the "images" folder so I had to cut and paste
    from the old InDesign file.

    Be careful here. Are this real images or proxies?

    If they are real images, you should be able to unembed them before you're going the INX route and you won't have the missing links issue.

  5. #5

    Won't the Arabic text get totally messed up migrating from the ME version to the IE version? Regular InDesign can't do right-to-left text.

    Regards,

    Thomas_Phinney@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    I suppose it was a text without Arabic or Hebrew. Adobe made it really hard to use the ME-version and IE-version simultaneously on the same machine (without tweaking it is impossible), which has the effect of making non-ME-texts on the ME-version also.