Professional Web Applications Themes

Urgent: Online files accessing local files Issue - Macromedia Flash Player

Hi.. We are working on a online project where we have some 600 MB videos. The complete project is made using flash & HTML. Objective: To access few flash files from a CD ROM where the rest of the files are online. (So that the user doesn't have to wait for these video to download from server) Method: Autostart the CD ROM with some initial file(start.html) which retrieves the users CD ROM path. Then the page is redirected to the website page (FlashHolder.html) passes the path along with the URL. This FlashHolder.html page then tries to load the video from ...

  1. #1

    Default Urgent: Online files accessing local files Issue

    Hi..

    We are working on a online project where we have some 600 MB videos.

    The complete project is made using flash & HTML.

    Objective: To access few flash files from a CD ROM where the rest of the
    files are online. (So that the user doesn't have to wait for these video to
    download from server)

    Method: Autostart the CD ROM with some initial file(start.html) which
    retrieves the users CD ROM path. Then the page is redirected to the website
    page (FlashHolder.html) passes the path along with the URL. This
    FlashHolder.html page then tries to load the video from the file location it
    has received as part of the URL.

    The issue: This works perfectly file till Flash 7, but with introduction of
    flash 8 this is not working. Kindly let me know if there is a way to access
    locally placed flash files from web server in flash 8.

    I dont mind looking at a solution beyond flash using HTML, Javascript or any
    server side technology.

    I am located at Mumbai, India. Feel free to contact me at 91-9820189256 or
    at [email]gunguptahotmail.com[/email]

    Regards,

    Gunjan

    Gunjan Gupta Guest

  3. #3

    Seems like a possible security sandbox problem. See:
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/articles/fplayer8_security.html[/url]

    --
    Lon Hosford
    [url]www.lonhosford.com[/url]
    "Gunjan Gupta" <gunguptahotmail.com> wrote in message
[...]

    Motion Maker Guest