I'm making a very basic shared doent directory on our intranet, mostly just
by using CFDIRECTORY to list things out.

Of course, a new requirement appeared that adds a new layer of complexity...
the client needs to be able to add URL shortcuts to external websites. I
thought it wouldn't be a problem, as I just gave the shortcut a good
descriptive name, and dropped it in the directory it needed to be in.
Everything looked fine (it showed up as a file), but the link refuses to open
in a new window, which I'd been doing successfully with all of the .doc, .pdfs,
etc.

It initially opens a new window with the "open this file?" warning. When you
click "yes", it opens the file in the PARENT window.

Any ideas on how to fix this?