Professional Web Applications Themes

URL to download DB2 HTML doentation - IBM DB2

I downloaded the DB2 8.2.1 package for WinXP and installed successfully. The notes included seem to indicate that the HTML doentation which is included on the distribution CD needed to downloaded separately. I tried to follow the instructions: To manually download and apply the latest refreshed doentation 2image: 1. Ensure your machine is connected to the Internet. 2. Open the DB2 support page in your Web browser at: [url]www.ibm.com/software/data/db2/udb/winos2unix/support[/url]. 3. Follow the link for Version 8 and look for the "Refreshed doentation 2images" link., etc. However, I didn't find a simple "link for Version 8" and the search for "Refreshed ...

  1. #1

    Default URL to download DB2 HTML doentation

    I downloaded the DB2 8.2.1 package for WinXP and installed successfully.
    The notes included seem to indicate that the HTML doentation which is
    included on the distribution CD needed to downloaded separately.

    I tried to follow the instructions:

    To manually download and apply the latest refreshed doentation
    2image:
    1. Ensure your machine is connected to the Internet.
    2. Open the DB2 support page in your Web browser at:
    [url]www.ibm.com/software/data/db2/udb/winos2unix/support[/url].
    3. Follow the link for Version 8 and look for the "Refreshed
    doentation 2images" link., etc.

    However, I didn't find a simple "link for Version 8" and the search for
    "Refreshed doentation 2images" was unsuccessful.

    An URL for the download page would be most appreciated.

    RLMuller Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: URL to download DB2 HTML doentation

    RLMuller wrote:
    > I downloaded the DB2 8.2.1 package for WinXP and installed
    > successfully. The notes included seem to indicate that the HTML
    > doentation which is included on the distribution CD needed to
    > downloaded separately.
    I mentioned this also recently. There is no separate HTML doentation for
    the non-licensed version. You need to download the PDF doentation. The
    download version should be corrected to tell one that and not imply that a
    separate HTML doc download is available.

    Edward Diener Guest

  3. #3

    RLMuller wrote:
    > I downloaded the DB2 8.2.1 package for WinXP and installed successfully.
    > The notes included seem to indicate that the HTML doentation which is
    > included on the distribution CD needed to downloaded separately.
    >
    > I tried to follow the instructions:
    >
    > To manually download and apply the latest refreshed doentation
    > 2image:
    > 1. Ensure your machine is connected to the Internet.
    > 2. Open the DB2 support page in your Web browser at:
    > [url]www.ibm.com/software/data/db2/udb/winos2unix/support[/url].
    > 3. Follow the link for Version 8 and look for the "Refreshed
    > doentation 2images" link., etc.
    >
    > However, I didn't find a simple "link for Version 8" and the search for
    > "Refreshed doentation 2images" was unsuccessful.
    >
    > An URL for the download page would be most appreciated.
    >
    > --
    If you follow the link from that page called "DB2 Version 8 Fixpaks",
    there are further links to "Doentation FixPak for Windows 32-bit" and
    "Doentation FixPak for UNIX":

    Windows:
    [url]http://www-3.ibm.com/cgi-bin/db2www/data/db2/udb/winos2unix/support/v8fphist.d2w/report#DOC-WIN[/url]

    UNIX:
    [url]http://www-3.ibm.com/cgi-bin/db2www/data/db2/udb/winos2unix/support/v8fphist.d2w/report#DOC-UNIX[/url]

    These doentation FixPaks should be installable (on Windows at least)
    even if you don't already have the HTML doentation installed. Check
    the FixPakReadme in the language of your choice (available from the same
    FTP location from which you will download the doentation FixPak) for
    more information.

    Tip: If you're interested in installing just English doentation, you
    can download the smallest doentation FixPak (where small = 140 megs);
    English is bundled with every doentation FixPak.

    Dan

    Dan Scott Guest

  4. #4

    Dan Scott wrote:
    > RLMuller wrote:
    >
    >> I downloaded the DB2 8.2.1 package for WinXP and installed successfully.
    >> The notes included seem to indicate that the HTML doentation which is
    >> included on the distribution CD needed to downloaded separately.
    >>
    >> I tried to follow the instructions:
    >>
    >> To manually download and apply the latest refreshed doentation
    >> 2image:
    >> 1. Ensure your machine is connected to the Internet.
    >> 2. Open the DB2 support page in your Web browser at:
    >> [url]www.ibm.com/software/data/db2/udb/winos2unix/support[/url].
    >> 3. Follow the link for Version 8 and look for the "Refreshed
    >> doentation 2images" link., etc.
    >>
    >> However, I didn't find a simple "link for Version 8" and the search for
    >> "Refreshed doentation 2images" was unsuccessful.
    >>
    >> An URL for the download page would be most appreciated.
    >>
    >> --
    >

    > If you follow the link from that page called "DB2 Version 8 Fixpaks",
    > there are further links to "Doentation FixPak for Windows 32-bit" and
    > "Doentation FixPak for UNIX":
    >
    > Windows:
    > [url]http://www-3.ibm.com/cgi-bin/db2www/data/db2/udb/winos2unix/support/v8fphist.d2w/report#DOC-WIN[/url]
    >

    > UNIX:
    > [url]http://www-3.ibm.com/cgi-bin/db2www/data/db2/udb/winos2unix/support/v8fphist.d2w/report#DOC-UNIX[/url]
    >

    > These doentation FixPaks should be installable (on Windows at least)
    > even if you don't already have the HTML doentation installed. Check
    > the FixPakReadme in the language of your choice (available from the same
    > FTP location from which you will download the doentation FixPak) for
    > more information.
    >
    > Tip: If you're interested in installing just English doentation, you
    > can download the smallest doentation FixPak (where small = 140 megs);
    > English is bundled with every doentation FixPak.
    >
    > Dan

    Agh. Sorry to reply to myself, but as it turns out you can't just
    download the smallest doentation FixPak; as the FixPak readme says,
    you need FP#_$PTF_DOC_WIN_SBCS1.zip to install any language at all,
    including English. So you can count on a 250 meg download... but it is
    there.

    Dan

    Dan Scott Guest

  5. #5

    Thanks for the additional guidance, Dan.

    I went to [url]http://www-3.ibm.com/cgi-bin/db2www.../report#DOC-WIN[/url],
    Opened V810 Doentation Fixpak 1 for Windows U486249 (Build
    level s030130)
    Downloaded FP1_U486249_DOC_WIN_SBCS1.zip
    Expanded it to a temp folder
    Ran Setup.exe
    Ran Contol Center and found the Help opened an HTML Help file
    Great!!

    Iíve got a question:

    While installing SBCS1, I got the dialog message:

    "The installation you are performing is for DB2 at version 8, release 1,
    modification 1, and service level WR21316. You should apply a DB2
    fixpack at DB2 at version 8, release 1, modification 1, and service
    level WR21316 or higher after completion of this install."

    Am I wrong in assuming that the Fixpak I downloaded was *already* at a
    build/service level 030130 and is thus higher than 21316 and therefore
    nothing more is needed.

    RLMuller Guest