Professional Web Applications Themes

USB 2.0 wireless mouse - FreeBSD

Hello all! Can anyone shed some light on why FreeBSD 5.3-release would identify my USB 2.0 wireless mouse as a wireless keyboard and how I might begin to solve this problem? When I plug it in I get: Ukbd0: wireless inc tw wireless usb device, rev 1.10/10.01, addr 2, iclass 3/1 Kbd1 at ukbd0 Uhid0: wireless inc tw product 0x3801, rev. 1.10/10.01, addr 2, iclass 3/1 When I plug this in it completely disables my keyboard and I am unable to type. Thought? Suggestions? Jon Bomgardner ================================================== ============================ This communication, together with any attachments hereto or links contained herein, is ...

  1. #1

    Default USB 2.0 wireless mouse

    Hello all!

    Can anyone shed some light on why FreeBSD 5.3-release would identify my
    USB 2.0 wireless mouse as a wireless keyboard and how I might begin to
    solve this problem? When I plug it in I get:

    Ukbd0: wireless inc tw wireless usb device, rev 1.10/10.01, addr 2,
    iclass 3/1
    Kbd1 at ukbd0
    Uhid0: wireless inc tw product 0x3801, rev. 1.10/10.01, addr 2, iclass
    3/1

    When I plug this in it completely disables my keyboard and I am unable
    to type.

    Thought? Suggestions?

    Jon Bomgardner

    This communication, together with any attachments hereto or links contained herein, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copying, dissemination, distribution or use of this communication is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail message and delete the original and all copies of the communication, along with any attachments hereto or links herein, from your system.

    The St. Paul Travelers e-mail system made this annotation on 03/24/05, 13:23:24.

    Bomgardner,Jon Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: USB 2.0 wireless mouse

    What is the mouse you're using? Was this part of a wireless desktop
    (keyboard and mouse)?

    Lou
    On 03/24/05 12:21 PM, Bomgardner,Jon sat at the `puter and typed:

    --
    Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD-at-keyslapper-DOT-net
    Please send off-list email to: leblanc at keyslapper d.t net

    Federal grants are offered for... research into the recreation
    potential of interplanetary space travel for the culturally disadvantaged.
    Louis Guest

  3. #3

    It's a Targus model PAWM004 optical wireless mouse and it is not part of
    a desktop set. I should also mention that I've recompiled the kernel to
    add USB 2.0 support (ehci driver) and am relatively new to FreeBSD. I've
    managed to get most glitches out except this one and my sound card (I'm
    using a laptop and things are kinda sketchy).

    Thanks,
    Jon Bomgardner

    > identify my
    > might begin to
    > addr 2, iclass
    > I am unable [/ref]

    This communication, together with any attachments hereto or links contained herein, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copying, dissemination, distribution or use of this communication is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail message and delete the original and all copies of the communication, along with any attachments hereto or links herein, from your system.

    The St. Paul Travelers e-mail system made this annotation on 03/24/05, 13:39:46.

    Bomgardner,Jon Guest

  4. #4

    On 03/24/05 12:36 PM, Bomgardner,Jon sat at the `puter and typed:

    > It's a Targus model PAWM004 optical wireless mouse and it is not part of
    > a desktop set. I should also mention that I've recompiled the kernel to
    > add USB 2.0 support (ehci driver) and am relatively new to FreeBSD. I've
    > managed to get most glitches out except this one and my sound card (I'm
    > using a laptop and things are kinda sketchy).
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jon Bomgardner[/ref]

    Well, I'm jealous that you've got USB 2.0 compiled without getting a
    kernel panic (mine went awol when I added ehci).

    Unfortunately I don't know if I can be much help. At least not
    directly. Perhaps these URLs will get you closer to the mark:

    https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-February/msg05000.html
    http://www.linuxcompatible.org/thread401-1.html

    Good luck.

    Lou
    --
    Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD-at-keyslapper-DOT-net
    Please send off-list email to: leblanc at keyslapper d.t net
    Key fingerprint = C5E7 4762 F071 CE3B ED51 4FB8 AF85 A2FE 80C8 D9A2

    It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
    -- Mark Twain
    Louis Guest

  5. #5

     [/ref]
    > wireless desktop
    > >
    > > It's a Targus model PAWM004 optical wireless mouse and it[/ref]
    > is not part of
    > the kernel to
    > FreeBSD. I've
    > sound card (I'm
    >
    > Well, I'm jealous that you've got USB 2.0 compiled without getting a
    > kernel panic (mine went awol when I added ehci).
    >
    > Unfortunately I don't know if I can be much help. At least not
    > directly. Perhaps these URLs will get you closer to the mark:
    >
    > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-February/msg0
    >5000.html
    >http://www.linuxcompatible.org/thread401-1.html
    >
    >Good luck.
    >
    >Lou[/ref]

    OK... I checked these out but they are for Xorg and the problem I'm
    having is in the console. Unfortunately, neither of these worked.

    Any other ideas or leads to where I can find the information I need?

    Thanks,
    Jon Bomgardner

    This communication, together with any attachments hereto or links contained herein, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copying, dissemination, distribution or use of this communication is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail message and delete the original and all copies of the communication, along with any attachments hereto or links herein, from your system.

    The St. Paul Travelers e-mail system made this annotation on 03/24/2005, 03:21:44 PM.

    Bomgardner,Jon Guest

  6. #6

    > > wireless desktop
    > > is not part of
    > > the kernel to
    > > FreeBSD. I've
    > > sound card (I'm
    > >
    > > Well, I'm jealous that you've got USB 2.0 compiled without getting a
    > > kernel panic (mine went awol when I added ehci).
    > >
    > > Unfortunately I don't know if I can be much help. At least not
    > > directly. Perhaps these URLs will get you closer to the mark:
    > >
    > > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-February/msg0
    > >5000.html
    > >http://www.linuxcompatible.org/thread401-1.html
    > >
    > >Good luck.
    > >
    > >Lou[/ref]
    >
    > OK... I checked these out but they are for Xorg and the problem I'm
    > having is in the console. Unfortunately, neither of these worked.
    >
    > Any other ideas or leads to where I can find the information I need?
    >[/ref]

    So, I managed to avoid the conflict by removing the USB keyboard driver
    from my kernel (in hopes that the mouse driver would just take over) but
    it didn't. Now when I plug it in I can still type but it doesn't work.
    /dev doesn't show a ums0 device.

    Any ideas anyone?

    Thanks,
    Jon Bomgardner

    This communication, together with any attachments hereto or links contained herein, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copying, dissemination, distribution or use of this communication is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail message and delete the original and all copies of the communication, along with any attachments hereto or links herein, from your system.

    The St. Paul Travelers e-mail system made this annotation on 03/24/05, 16:06:53.

    Bomgardner,Jon Guest