Professional Web Applications Themes

USB Keyboard & Mouse Compatability - Linux Setup, Configuration & Administration

Hi, I have a USB wireless keyboard and mouse combo. When I start the set up programme for Mandrake 9.1 they are recognised until after I press enter to start set up, then nothing, they are not recognised. Has anyone had these problems or can anyone suggest how to solve this? Any help is appreciated. Thank you, Ian...

  1. #1

    Default USB Keyboard & Mouse Compatability

    Hi,

    I have a USB wireless keyboard and mouse combo. When I start the set up
    programme for Mandrake 9.1 they are recognised until after I press enter to
    start set up, then nothing, they are not recognised. Has anyone had these
    problems or can anyone suggest how to solve this?

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thank you,

    Ian

    beale Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: USB Keyboard & Mouse Compatability

    begin beale:
    > I have a USB wireless keyboard and mouse combo.
    Scheh fia di.
    > When I start the set up programme for Mandrake 9.1 they are
    > recognised until after I press enter to start set up,
    Oiso bevor du di erste Tastn druckst, schaut ois OK aus?
    Oba sonst samma nu gsund?
    [url]www.google.com[/url]

    --
    Der Retter der Welt ist ein Pinguin. Linus Torvalds ist sein Prophet.
    Alexander Bartolich Guest

  3. #3

    Care to say that again? Your post seems to have failed.

    Thanks,

    Ian

    "Alexander Bartolich" <alexander.bartolichgmx.at> wrote in message

    beale Guest

  4. #4

    I'd ignore "Alexander Bartolich" <alexander.bartolichgmx.at> if I was you,
    he has sent a deliberately malformed message knowing that MS Outlook Express
    is unable to handle it. Some people think that is funny and ignore the fact
    that others look at the news groups at work and are forced to use Outlook.

    You can examine his message by clicking on the "Properties" menu item,
    select the "Details" tab and click on the "Message Source" button. He doe'nt
    actually give any help, so its probably a waste a time.

    Sorry I can't help you in this, I just get annoyed at the ignorant few who
    are so obsessed with anto-MS rhetoric that they go out of their way to make
    life difficult for the majority.

    Alan Hughes Guest

  5. #5

    On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 10:48:07 +0100, Alan Hughes wrote:
    > I'd ignore "Alexander Bartolich" <alexander.bartolichgmx.at> if I was you,
    > he has sent a deliberately malformed message
    "Malformed" would mean that it disobeys specs. In fact, Outlook Express
    is guilty of disobeying specs.
    > knowing that MS Outlook Express
    > is unable to handle it. Some people think that is funny and ignore the fact
    > that others look at the news groups at work and are forced to use Outlook.
    No, you're not. Go to [url]http://www.forteinc.com/[/url] and download Free Agent.

    Ed Murphy Guest

  6. #6

    You are if you don't have install rights on your work PC, smart .

    news:pan.2003.09.09.11.01.59.425048socal.rr.com.. .

  7. #7

    "Ed Murphy" <emurphy42socal.rr.com> wrote in message
    news:pan.2003.09.09.11.01.59.425048socal.rr.com.. .
    > On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 10:48:07 +0100, Alan Hughes wrote:
    >
    > > I'd ignore "Alexander Bartolich" <alexander.bartolichgmx.at> if I was
    you,
    > > he has sent a deliberately malformed message
    >
    > "Malformed" would mean that it disobeys specs. In fact, Outlook Express
    > is guilty of disobeying specs.
    >
    > > knowing that MS Outlook Express
    > > is unable to handle it. Some people think that is funny and ignore the
    fact
    > > that others look at the news groups at work and are forced to use
    Outlook.

    > No, you're not. Go to [url]http://www.forteinc.com/[/url] and download Free Agent.
    Yes I am, I cannot install software on my machine (for security reasons, and
    because some other lusers managed to introduce viruses into the network).

    Alan Hughes Guest

  8. #8

    On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 11:08:16 +0000, beale wrote:
    >>> others look at the news groups at work and are forced to use
    >> No, you're not. Go to [url]http://www.forteinc.com/[/url] and download Free Agent.
    > You are if you don't have install rights on your work PC, smart .
    (Please don't top-post. Fixed.)

    If reading Usenet is part of your job, then ask the IT department to
    install Free Agent for you; it's well worth it. If reading Usenet is
    not part of your job, then why all the fuss?

    Ed Murphy Guest

  9. #9

    Alan Hughes wrote:
    > I'd ignore "Alexander Bartolich" <alexander.bartolichgmx.at> if I
    > was you,
    Only completely retarded mothering morons crosspost questions to
    ten groups. Especially to a mix of nine English and one German group.

    But then expecting serious answers to such Usenet pus is imbecility
    of a higher dimension. So right now I tend to favor your nomination
    to the S Of The Net Award (TM).
    > he has sent a deliberately malformed message knowing that
    > MS Outlook Express is unable to handle it.
    Yeah. Trustworthy computing at its finest.

    [url]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q265230[/url]
    > Some people think that is funny and ignore the fact that others
    > look at the news groups at work and are forced to use Outlook.
    Google is god. Let it be your saviour.
    > You can examine his message by clicking on the "Properties" menu
    > item, select the "Details" tab and click on the "Message Source"
    > button.
    Ctrl+F3 for short.
    > [...] I just get annoyed at the ignorant few who are so obsessed
    > with anto-MS rhetoric that they go out of their way to make life
    > difficult for the majority.
    Exactly. I'm evil incarnate.

    --

    Alexander Bartolich Guest