Professional Web Applications Themes

use file-properties od the PS-elements - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Hello, I asked the same question in another thread: In the program itself I have got only very poor possibilities to describe an image: description, Copyright&URL, EXIF. (EXIF is not usable for me, for I'm still an og photographer). If I look at the file in Windows Explorer - Properties - there are all possibilities to describe the photo you ever whish. But how it can be used? I would like to use this information for my Web Gallery I made with Photoshop Elements like this: some of the informations should be shown when the thumbnail pops up and the ...

  1. #1

    Default use file-properties od the PS-elements

    Hello, I asked the same question in another thread:
    In the program itself I have got only very poor possibilities to describe an image: description, Copyright&URL, EXIF. (EXIF is not usable for me, for I'm still an og photographer).
    If I look at the file in Windows Explorer - Properties - there are all possibilities to describe the photo you ever whish.
    But how it can be used?
    I would like to use this information for my Web Gallery I made with Photoshop Elements like this: some of the informations should be shown when the thumbnail pops up and the photo enlarges. A Picture Number and perhaps a title should be shown with the thumbnails.
    Has anybody got any idea if this could work and how??
    With kind regards Nicola
    Nicola_Bludau@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: use file-properties to describe pictures

    You might want to take a look at the link in Susan's post from earlier this month. Elements just wasn't designed for what you're trying to do, unless you want to add in the information manually. This can be done on the pages with the full image quite easily, but the thumbnail section is harder to edit. And in order to do that editing, you would still have to have some kind of software for creating websites.
    ..
    Susan S. - 03:05pm Nov 3, 2003 Pacific (#7 of 24)

    Well if we're playing with websites - can anyone see this?

    <http://members.ozemail.com.au/~sestewart/pictures/>

    (Album generated with jalbum - a java app which works on all platforms knwon to mankind and is free - I like the way it extracts the EXIF info, and is infinitely customisable if you know HTML and things.. but also has quite a lot of options straight out of the download - this is the most basic one) Also includes an FTP client for uploading to the webpage.
    The photos have all been heavily Elemented.
    Susan S,
    Beth_Haney@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    You can add information to a scanned image by going to File>file info... and typing in caption info. Web Galleries can use caption info for naming, but this is a "one at a time" manual process.

    Rich
    Richard_Coencas@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Hi,

    I'm also frustrated that Elements does not seem to have the full compliment of File Info that the old Photoshop's did - does anyone know if Photoshop CS still has a comprehensive File Info function like the older versions? If so, where would I find information on what exactly is there?

    Thanks

    Dave
    David_A_Larsen@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Photoshop CS has modified the File Info dialog somewhat from earlier versions, but it is much more detailed than before. As well as basic File description info, File Info now includes Camera Data, History, and XMP info.

  6. #6

    Writing about EXIF data - is there a way in Photoshop CS to display camera data in a Web Photo Gallery page or contact sheet? I have not received my upgrade to CS yet, but in looking through Version 7 I can see all the info., but can't figure a way to print it out or display it along with the pictures.

    Jeff
    Jeff_Engle@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Jeff,

    You are posting in PhotoShop Elements User to User forum. This is a completely different program than PhotoShop CS, which has it's own forum. Rather than giving you an answer here, it would be best for you to post there, which will produce a more cogent thread. But, have you considered Copy/Paste of the EXIF into File Data,

    Bob
    BobHill@adobeforums.com Guest