Professional Web Applications Themes

use perl to inquire database and send email automatically - PERL Beginners

Hello: I have a database which refresh every minutes according to the information on Internet and I provide users to predefine some condition. When these conditions are matched, my sytem will send them email to inform them. How can I use perl to realize these functionalities? Thank you very much in advance. Bestwishes Franklin...

  1. #1

    Default use perl to inquire database and send email automatically

    Hello:

    I have a database which refresh every minutes according to the
    information on Internet and I provide users to predefine some
    condition. When these conditions are matched, my sytem will send them
    email to inform them. How can I use perl to realize these
    functionalities?

    Thank you very much in advance.

    Bestwishes
    Franklin
    Franklin Guest

  3. #3

    On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Franklin wrote:

    By writing code.

    Give it a try and let us know if you hit any snags.

    --
    Chris Devers
    Chris Guest

  4. #4

    Franklin wrote:

    Hello,

    Perl can do this for sure, but this list is to help beginners int he
    process of programming, not a free custom script service.

    So you'll need to post the code you're having trouble with and what the
    problem is so we can help.

    If you're interested, email me off list and I'd be happy to be hired to
    assist you :)

    Lee.M - JupiterHost.Net
    JupiterHost.Net Guest

  5. #5

    HI,guy:
    I am in China. Can you imagine an engineer from developing country to
    hire an expert in developed country?:)
    I am planning to use DBD:mysql to inquire database and send the result
    automatically. I will update my process and please kindly give me some
    valuable suggestion in the future.

    On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:19:43 -0500, JupiterHost.Net
    <net> wrote:

    > Hello,

    > Perl can do this for sure, but this list is to help beginners int he
    > process of programming, not a free custom script service.
    >
    > So you'll need to post the code you're having trouble with and what the
    > problem is so we can help.
    >
    > If you're interested, email me off list and I'd be happy to be hired to
    > assist you :)
    >
    > Lee.M - JupiterHost.Net
    >[/ref]
    Franklin Guest

  6. #6

    On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Franklin wrote:

    Can you imagine a total stranger doing all your work for nothing?

    Wait, don't answer that, I think I know the answer... :)

    The suggestion is to read over the doentation, ask for help if any of
    it is unclear, then *write your own code*. If you get stuck, we'll be
    glad to help, but this list does not exist to do other peoples jobs or
    homework. You have to give it a try before you can expect others to try.

    --
    Chris Devers
    Chris Guest