Professional Web Applications Themes

Username and Password dialog box help - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hello, Can anyone help me with the default usernamre and password dialog box which the user would get when they click on the Client Login Area section of my website? How do I get it to work in Dreamweaver MX and what would I need in order to set the username/passwords. Any help would be a real help. Thanks in advance. Martin....

  1. #1

    Default Username and Password dialog box help

    highlanderMX webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Username and Password dialog box help

    hey, i have a similar question, that maybe you could help me out with.

    for my freelance web design site, i want customers to be able to log in and
    see their site's progress.

    so i would need to somehow password protect all the contents in a folder.

    the hosting is on a win2000 machine, and is hosted remotly from a hosting
    company. i know ASP and can have it access MS Access databases using OLE
    connections (DSN Less connections)

    any tips for how to set up a passworded folder so that when someone attempts
    to access it, it will bring up a password entry box? and if the information
    in invalid, it will kick them to some type of error page.

    "Alan Ames" <bluformdude.com> wrote in message
    > you need to give more info, to narrow it down.
    >
    > how many people with passwords? a few, or a lot?
    > (there's fairly quick things for just a few allowed people- if it's to be
    > quite a few, should put the users into a database and have an admin page
    > where you can add/delete/edit users.
    >
    > what os of hosting?
    >
    > what scripting/database can you use?
    >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > Can anyone help me with the default usernamre and password dialog box
    which
    > > the user would get when they click on the Client Login Area section of
    my
    > > website?
    > >
    > > How do I get it to work in Dreamweaver MX and what would I need in order
    > > set the username/passwords.
    > >
    > > Any help would be a real help.
    > >

    > > Thanks in advance.
    > >

    > > Martin.
    > >

    > --
    > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver
    > Certified Dreamweaver MX Developer

    Joseph Sites Guest

  3. #3

    Hello!,

    Only a few people will be accessing the cliet Login area at a time.

    Hosting is Windows 2000

    As for scripting - the only kind is JuavScript.

    Database - sorry - I've never had the opportunity to use it!!

    Hope this helps,

  4. #4

    You can use client side JavaScript for a password system- but it isn't
    totally secure.

    This script will work if you aren't storing things that would be a problem
    if others did find them.

    [url]http://www.mickweb.com/javascript/tutorials/password/password.html[/url]

    For more security- check to see if your Hosting has a Control Panel in your
    hosting account to setup password protection on a folder-

    Or ask your hosting to create a password protected folder.

    Or use ASP.
    > Hello!,
    >
    > Only a few people will be accessing the cliet Login area at a time.
    >
    > Hosting is Windows 2000
    >
    > As for scripting - the only kind is JuavScript.
    >
    > Database - sorry - I've never had the opportunity to use it!!
    >

    > Hope this helps,
    >

    > Martin.

    Certified Dreamweaver MX Developer

    Alan Ames Guest