Professional Web Applications Themes

Users don't have h1, h2 options in STYLES - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I edited my CSS file to add some text properties to the H2 and H3 tag. Now when my user goes into edit a page, and select those styles, they are not available??? When I was testing it "p" ( paragraph) wasn't available to me so that is why I used h2 and h3. Very frustrated!!!! Please let me know if I have to resend a connection key after I make changes to the CSS files, or what the deal is! Thank you!...

  1. #1

    Default Users don't have h1, h2 options in STYLES

    I edited my CSS file to add some text properties to the H2 and H3 tag. Now
    when my user goes into edit a page, and select those styles, they are not
    available???

    When I was testing it "p" ( paragraph) wasn't available to me so that is why I
    used h2 and h3.

    Very frustrated!!!! Please let me know if I have to resend a connection key
    after I make changes to the CSS files, or what the deal is! Thank you!

    jherman76 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Users don't have h1, h2 options in STYLES

    Having the same or a similar issue in CS 4. To wit:

    When editing the styles and font settings for a user role (Administer website

    * Include HTML heading styles (H1...) in the style menu

    * Show only CSS styles included in this CSS file: [file chosen]

    Headings DO NOT show up in the style menu for the publisher. I.e., if the
    "Show only CSS styles..." option is selectd, the "Include HTML heading..."
    option seems to be ignored.

    This is different from the behavior in CS3. In CS3 if both of the options
    above are selected , the heading styles show in the style menu, as desired.

    I assume this is a bug, as there is no indication that select the second
    option would alter the selection of the first. And there is of course good
    reason to want to use both options.

    Leads to patches or workarounds are greatly appreciated.

    GeeAtPATH Guest

  3. #3

    Check this post:
    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=55&catid=290&threadid=1278 804&highlight_key=y&keyword1=headings
    ThinkInk Guest

  4. #4

    I'm using CS3 btw...

    I think that made me more confused :) The link there.
    I created three separate CSS files that go with this site, and in Contribute I
    just have it selected "Show all CSS styles", and also I have the "Include HTML
    heading styles" checked.

    What is weird is it was there as on option, and is to me, but not my client?
    And I don't have any restrictions that he can't touch it I don't think!?!?

    Very annoying.

    jherman76 Guest

  5. #5

    Hi,

    When a limit CSS file is specified in the admin settings, we show only the
    styles that are defined in both the HTML file (via included CSS file) and the
    limit CSS file.

    As a special case, default heading styles (h1 to h6) are handled differently.

    * They are always shown if they are NOT defined in the included CSS file.
    * They are not shown if they are defined in the included CSS file, but not in
    the limit CSS file
    * They are shown if they are defined in both the included CSS file and the
    limit CSS file

    The problem is in the 3rd scenario mentioned above. When we compare whether
    the default heading styles are defined in the limit CSS file, our comparison
    fails because of the way the heading styles are defined in the limiting CSS
    file. If the headings styles are defined as a combination like below ("h1, h2,
    h3"), then the comparison fails.

    /* default headings */
    h1, h2, h3 {
    font-weight: bold;
    border: 0px;
    padding: 0px;
    margin: 0px 0px 6px 0px;
    }

    The workaround is to define them separately as below.

    /* default headings */
    h1 {
    font-weight: bold;
    border: 0px;
    padding: 0px;
    margin: 0px 0px 6px 0px;
    }
    h2 {
    font-weight: bold;
    border: 0px;
    padding: 0px;
    margin: 0px 0px 6px 0px;
    }
    h3 {
    font-weight: bold;
    border: 0px;
    padding: 0px;
    margin: 0px 0px 6px 0px;
    }

    This is the solution posted in the thread
    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=55&catid=29
    0&threadid=1278804&highlight_key=y&keyword1=headin gs
    If this doesn't solve your problem, please send the CSS files to
    com. Also let me know, which is the CSS file you had selected in
    "Show only CSS styles included in this CSS file"

    Dominic Guest