Professional Web Applications Themes

Using fireworks to create custom buttons - Macromedia Director Basics

Hey guys! I'm using FW to create my buttons, since D8.5 is woefully lacking in good drawing & effects tools. I can't seem to get rid of the extra pixels that show up around my buttons when I export the slice out of FW. I create the buttons on a transparent background in FW, export, import into D8 cast, drag onto stage, set background as transparent, but still getting the "pixel outline" around my buttons. Should I set an alpha channel as transparent in FW? Any hints/suggestions/tut's? -- markinoregon Website under construction as always! [url]www.markthesteelhead.com[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default Using fireworks to create custom buttons

    --
    markinoregon

    Website under construction as always!
    [url]www.markthesteelhead.com[/url]

    markinoregon Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Using fireworks to create custom buttons

    On 01 Nov 2003, "markinoregon" <mark.r.stevenscomcast.net> wrote:
    > Hey guys!
    >
    > I'm using FW to create my buttons, since D8.5 is woefully lacking in
    > good drawing & effects tools.
    >
    > I can't seem to get rid of the extra pixels that show up around my
    > buttons when I export the slice out of FW.
    > I create the buttons on a transparent background in FW, export, import
    > into D8 cast, drag onto stage, set background as transparent, but
    > still getting the "pixel outline" around my buttons.
    Just save them as Fireworks PNG files (not export). Director will import
    them with their alpha transparency and they'll still be editable from the
    cast members (edit in external editor).

    --
    Mark A. Boyd
    Keep-On-Learnin' :)

  3. #3

    Well, I answered my own question.
    apparently, i do need to export as a gif with alpha transparency set to
    transparent.
    Then the background transparent works in D8.
    too bad the drop shadows and effects still don't work though.
    Can't get the shadows to be transparent.

  4. #4

    Thanks Mark!
    that never occurred to me! DOH!