Photoshop 6+ filters can't be used... Unfortunate, but Adobe's the culprit
there, not Macromedia.

Most filters from v5 and before work, though by no means all of them.

This page explains it...
[url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/fireworks/ts/doents/plug-ins_work_in_mx[/url]
..htm (half way down...)

Rich