All,

I want to push on a form button in an HTML page and pass a query string
to the ASP.NET page Iím opening.

That query string has the parameter value for my stored procedure so it
knows what data to present in the resulting data grid. Iíve taken some
of the code
out from my asp page (e.g. connection string info) to make it shorter.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated? I've never used query strings
before and am having a hard time finding info on it on the web.

Machelle

HTML Page Ė code on a button which calls the ASP page:

<form name="form1" method="get"
action="http://localhost:638/development/FDO/dyn_uyp_curriculum.aspx?com
petency_name="Business Aen"">
<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit">
</form>

ASP.NET Page Ė uyp_querystring is the value Iím trying to collect from
the above html page. I want to pass it as a parameter to my stored
procedure.

Dim uyp_querystring As
System.Collections.Specialized.NameValueCollection
uyp_querystring = Request.QueryString

Me.conUYP = New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection()
Me.daUYP = New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataAdapter()
Me.cmdUYP = New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand()
Me.DsUYP1 = New FDO.dsUYP()
CType(Me.DsUYP1,
System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize).BeginIni t()
'

'cmdUYP
'
Me.daUYP.SelectCommand = Me.cmdUYP
Me.cmdUYP.CommandText = "dbo.[prc_uyp_curriculum]"
Me.cmdUYP.CommandType =
System.Data.CommandType.StoredProcedure
Me.cmdUYP.Connection = Me.conUYP
Me.cmdUYP.Parameters.Add(New
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlParameter("web_competenc y_name",
System.Data.SqlDbType.NVarChar, 50))
Me.cmdUYP.Parameters("web_competency_name").Value =
uyp_querystring

Machelle Chandler
Intel Corporation
Beginning .NET developer