Professional Web Applications Themes

Using Templates - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I have recently got a CD from a magazine loaded with website templates, and I just want to know something. Is it possible to install or upload the templates to Contribute 3? Anyone that helps me out is appreciated....

  1. #1

    Default Using Templates

    I have recently got a CD from a magazine loaded with website templates, and I
    just want to know something. Is it possible to install or upload the templates
    to Contribute 3?

    Anyone that helps me out is appreciated.

    coleridge49 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Using Templates

    Perhaps. Are they Dreamweaver templates?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================
    "coleridge49" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    >I have recently got a CD from a magazine loaded with website templates, and
    > just want to know something. Is it possible to install or upload the
    > templates
    > to Contribute 3?
    >
    > Anyone that helps me out is appreciated.

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    No, when I explore the CD it just has a bunch of folders and one of them is
    "templates". When I double-click on templates it opens with about 193 folders
    with HTML doents and an Images folder in each one.

    FYI the CD is from WebDesigner Mag issue 100.

    coleridge49 Guest

  4. #4

    Even if they aren't DW templates you can load them into Contribute. You
    just won't have the DW features. You will be able to use them to to
    create new pages, or as "Starter Pages."

    Use Windows Explorer to navigate to your Contribute installation.
    Expand the folder tree to your Starter Pages folder like this example:
    C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Contribute
    3\Configuration\Content\StarterPages

    Add your templates here.

    Now go into Contribute and open the admin for the site. Select the
    role(s) that you want to be able to use these templates select Edit
    Role Settings. Choose the New Pages option in the left menu. Choose
    Allow Users To: and check user built in starter pages and chlick OK.

    To copy a starter web page:
    In the Contribute browser, click the New Page button in the toolbar, or
    in the browser or editor, select File > New Page.
    The New Page dialog box opens.

    In the Create new page for section, expand the website in which you
    want to create the new page, if it is not already expanded.
    In the Create new page for section, expand the Starter Web Pages
    folder, and then select a starter web page.

    Christine

    cmitchell Guest

  5. #5

    :)

    [url]http://www.pacific-times.org/index_kpeck.html[/url]

    i'm having the hardest time understanding how to attach an existing page to a
    template

    i want the right and middle columns to keep existing content of the existing
    page intact.

    and i want to beable to edit the left column with updates on multiple pages.

    does that make sense?

    basically i want to attach a bunch of pages to a template but i don't want to
    loose the content in the middle and right columns

    and ...

    i want to beable to edit the left column with monthly updates.

    thank you if you can help.

    aiaooiaei Guest

  6. #6

    You don't attach pages to templates. You create templates, and use them to
    'spawn' pages.

    Do you have a template created already? Does it have editable regions where
    you want the content to be changeable?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "aiaooiaei" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > :)
    >
    > [url]http://www.pacific-times.org/index_kpeck.html[/url]
    >
    > i'm having the hardest time understanding how to attach an existing page
    > to a
    > template
    >
    > i want the right and middle columns to keep existing content of the
    > existing
    > page intact.
    >
    > and i want to beable to edit the left column with updates on multiple
    > pages.
    >
    > does that make sense?
    >
    > basically i want to attach a bunch of pages to a template but i don't want
    > loose the content in the middle and right columns
    >
    > and ...
    >
    > i want to beable to edit the left column with monthly updates.
    >
    > thank you if you can help.

    Murray *TMM* Guest