Professional Web Applications Themes

Using Web Gallery PSE2 - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Mac OSX...with 512 extra MB added to 640MB. Getting error msg "cld not load an item not enough mem in system". An item is actually 60% of my file, both Thumbnails and Lrg. After first try unloaded up to 300MB in files. Second try, same thing. My file contains 92MB. ?????. Web Gallery selection--"Tables". Also not seeing edit commands..if I ever get a website fully launched. Also have searched Adobe for more instruction over the very meager HowTo User Manual..nothing. Will now look to many Mac Zines. Thanks for any help. !!!...

  1. #1

    Default Using Web Gallery PSE2

    Ann_Norland@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Using Web Gallery PSE2

    Last first, Ann. You won't find any edit commands, because all Elements does is create a package that can be uploaded. Are you thinking of it as being an application like Freeway or GoLive? If so, no. A web gallery created in Elements requires use of another program before it can make its way to the internet. You wouldn't want to try editing an Elements gallery anyway. That's waaay too confusing. You might want to look a little further down on the list of postings here on the forum for another Web Gallery question that I just got done responding to.

    I'm looking at those file sizes and trying to figure out what's going on. How big are these galleries you're trying to create? I'm not sure that memory warning you're getting is referring to RAM; it could be a scratch disk issue. Why don't you post more information about the number of images you're trying to include in one gallery. That might give us a better perspective than pure megabyte information.
    Beth_Haney@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    300MB? That's a huge enormous file. How are you creating your images? Will your server allow you to upload that much stuff, and will they let you do it all at once?

    AOL, for instance, allows members 2MB of space, and it's rare for anyone to have more than 100MB unless you have your own private server. 100MB of web space is enough for a commercial site, so I would backtrack and see what you are doing that is making such a giant gallery. Unless you have literally hundreds of images, you shouldn't have files that large.
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Hi, Beth. Yeah, I just checked to be sure, and my publishing site, which is many pages and has audio files, is only 1.4MB, so something is wrong here.

    Ann, you're not trying to upload the pdf slideshow, are you? If so, you need to put that one up for ftp in a public folder--it won't work as a regular web page.
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Thanks fo your responses. I did realize it was a file inpdfs I was uploading.
    I guess I assumed a trans. to jpg was automatic/built in, whatever.

    Just returning to my photo porfolio at Yahoo of a yr ago--realized
    the file I was trying to "do" Web Gallery for was not in jpg format.

    Appreciate your time & experience givin.

    Regards, Ann
    Ann_Norland@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    +___a clarification..my reference to 300MB was about files I had burned to CD
    and deleted in attempt to free..increase avlbl memory.
    Ann_Norland@adobeforums.com Guest