Professional Web Applications Themes

v10 and MX : Constant crashing after printing - Macromedia Freehand

When printing from either FreeHand 10 or MX, FreeHand ALWAYS 'crashes.' The message I get reads: "The application FreeHand [insert version here] has unexpectedly quit. The system and other applications have not been affected. Would you like to submit a bug report to Apple?" Please note that this is not an 'occassional' occurence--it's EVERY time I print! Is this happening to anyone else? Or, does anyone have a possible solution for this? Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated... mg PS - I'm running OS X.3.2 on a PowerMac G4 (MDD) with 2 x 1.0GHz processors......

  1. #1

    Default v10 and MX : Constant crashing after printing

    micahgartman webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: v10 and MX : Constant crashing after printing

    Does the crash happen after printing or during printing? If you list the
    exact steps to reproduce the crash, maybe someone here can help.

    What printer are you trying to print to and how do you have it set up? Do
    you have current printer drivers and PPDs for OS X installed?

    Judy Arndt

    micahgartman wrote:
    > When printing from either FreeHand 10 or MX, FreeHand ALWAYS 'crashes.' The
    > message I get reads:
    >
    > "The application FreeHand [insert version here] has unexpectedly quit.
    > The system and other applications have not been affected.
    > Would you like to submit a bug report to Apple?"
    >
    > Please note that this is not an 'occassional' occurence--it's EVERY time I
    > print!
    >
    > Is this happening to anyone else? Or, does anyone have a possible solution
    > for this?
    >
    > Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated...
    > mg
    >

    > PS - I'm running OS X.3.2 on a PowerMac G4 (MDD) with 2 x 1.0GHz processors...
    Judy Arndt Guest

  3. #3

    Well, it crashes after SUCCESSFULLY sending the job to my printer (which is a Canon i9100; the drivers for the printer are a part of OS X itself). The job prints fine, but FreeHand "unexpectedly quits" every time...

    Other than that, both versions of FH work perfectly fine.

    Could there be some kind of conflict between v10 and MX that could cause this type of issue?

  4. #4

    It would be worth a try to eliminate all possible causes.

    The printer driver on your system may have become corrupted and is bringing
    down FH. I would go to the Canon website, download the current driver and
    install it.

    Loose USB connections can cause strange problems. Try disconnecting and
    reconnecting.

    Just curious. Is the Canon i9100 your Default Printer in Print Setup
    Utility? Do you have FreeHand 10 and MX running at the same time when this
    happens? Are you using FH 11.0.1 (updated version)?

    Judy

    micahgartman wrote:
    > Well, it crashes after SUCCESSFULLY sending the job to my printer (which is a
    > Canon i9100; the drivers for the printer are a part of OS X itself). The job
    > prints fine, but FreeHand "unexpectedly quits" every time...
    >
    > Other than that, both versions of FH work perfectly fine.
    >
    > Could there be some kind of conflict between v10 and MX that could cause this
    > type of issue?
    > mg
    Judy Arndt Guest

  5. #5

    I am having the same exact problem, and was playing phone tag with macromedia for months before giving up. Their Customer Service didn't help me at all, in fact, tried to convinceme that it was an apple problem, and a printer problem. Just for the record, teh printer works fine with other vector applications (including freehand's competitor) so I won't take that seriously.

    But has anyone found a solution for this mystery??

    isa6ella webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    Oh yes, me I'm having the same Problem.
    Im working with MACOSX Panther (newly updated version)
    on a G4 and Freehand MX.
    But I had the Problem also before. with the original Panther
    an a Freehand 10 Version.
    BUT I also have a Canon printer.
    - Canon i560 -
    But could this be a driver Problem??? Because printing works fine
    from any other Program....

    Someone solved the Problem?

    Maybe next time I sent the crash Log....

    elektroluder webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  7. #7

    I am having the very same problem on 3 macs in our HR department. The
    are all running 10.3.4 and running freehand mx and 10. After printin
    to our Canon 1150 copy/printer i get the same crash and error messag
    as you. To any other printer Freehand prints fine but the Cano
    dosen't. What printer are you useing? Have you found any fixes?

    Thanks,
    Kyl

    -
    Ksorense